+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "High Street" experience

International

Re: The "High Street" experience

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    No. Still *confused* I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or trying to intimidate.
    you may believe it is possible to intimidate a reasonable adult on a system as remote as the internet but I certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Guess. Less than a month and 58 posts, not bad going is it?
    Almost half yours in the same time. Imagine what it will be like when he gets up to speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    On this recommendation, I've just been to Aldi for a sample, not opened a bottle yet, another 30 mins in the fridge
    What did you think of it?
    Am all over Aldi/Lidl/hb but that particular lager, while not bad, doesn’t cut it compared to peroni which it’s trying to be. Was quite disappointed and I’m easily pleased :-(
    One of them I think it’s Aldi (I mix up what’s come from where) does one in a six pack of bottles that’s dressed up like Heineken - wasn’t bad at all

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Almost half yours in the same time. Imagine what it will be like when he gets up to speed!
    Cyril, you make my point perfectly
    On the board 17 days and in that time 50 odd posts; accused someone of being dickensian; another of being passive aggressive; and told a third (or maybe one of the other 2) to F*ck off.
    If you bother to look back to when I joined, (I wouldn't bother it'll bore you to tears) I don't think you will find I was so prolific, nor almost anyone in their first month or so, nor so "in your face". Neither did I join and immediately start being rude or insulting to people
    It's almost as if he knows who he is talking to, as if he's been here before.
    Just my thoughts, and they're not worth considering. Forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Cyril, you make my point perfectly
    On the board 17 days and in that time 50 odd posts; accused someone of being dickensian; another of being passive aggressive; and told a third (or maybe one of the other 2) to F*ck off.
    If you bother to look back to when I joined, (I wouldn't bother it'll bore you to tears) I don't think you will find I was so prolific, nor almost anyone in their first month or so, nor so "in your face". Neither did I join and immediately start being rude or insulting to people
    It's almost as if he knows who he is talking to, as if he's been here before.
    Just my thoughts, and they're not worth considering. Forget it.
    Hey. I really don't need this. I told no-one to F*ck off (it was a play on words; the F=fail and the bracketed (off) was referring to an attempt at humour not directed at a person (if it came across badly then I apologise - but to the OP). How is accusing anyone of being Dickensian or calling out passive aggressiveness so bad?

But you really are the one that's being scary here. It's like being trolled by the 'thought-police'. I realise I'm the noob but in my very first post I mentioned I'd been a lurker for years so have been reading this board for a long time. I've not been on any form of social media for almost a decade and this is the first time I've commented on anything due to a degenerative neurological disease that's robbed me of many taken-for-granted communication skills. I put all this information in my profile to be as open as honest as possible.

It's actually pretty horrible of you to act so mean and as if you are the gatekeeper to this board and says so much more about you than it does me. If you had a problem why didn't you have the balls to contact me directly?

Your post is far worse, to me, than anything you're accusing me of. I'm genuinely quite shocked and find it really upsetting. But I doubt you'll care or even give it a second thought.

I was feeling pretty good after our second half performance tonight until I read your comment. I don't need anyone else making me feel this bad or unwelcome. Life is hard enough as it is.

*signing off*.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Hey. I really don't need this. I told no-one to F*ck off (it was a play on words; the F=fail and the bracketed (off) was referring to an attempt at humour not directed at a person (if it came across badly then I apologise - but to the OP). How is accusing anyone of being Dickensian or calling out passive aggressiveness so bad?

But you really are the one that's being scary here. It's like being trolled by the 'thought-police'. I realise I'm the noob but in my very first post I mentioned I'd been a lurker for years so have been reading this board for a long time. I've not been on any form of social media for almost a decade and this is the first time I've commented on anything due to a degenerative neurological disease that's robbed me of many taken-for-granted communication skills. I put all this information in my profile to be as open as honest as possible.

It's actually pretty horrible of you to act so mean and as if you are the gatekeeper to this board and says so much more about you than it does me. If you had a problem why didn't you have the balls to contact me directly?

Your post is far worse, to me, than anything you're accusing me of. I'm genuinely quite shocked and find it really upsetting. But I doubt you'll care or even give it a second thought.

I was feeling pretty good after our second half performance tonight until I read your comment. I don't need anyone else making me feel this bad or unwelcome. Life is hard enough as it is.

*signing off*.
    Goodnight!