+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All not well in the Wales camp?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All not well in the Wales camp?

Not much substance to this story mind with the only quotes coming from an "insider".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Euro-2020.html

Re: All not well in the Wales camp?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not much substance to this story mind with the only quotes coming from an "insider".

All is not well amongst us fans either.
    He must leave. Four games looking lost in succesion.
    I've had enough Giggs on the touchline.

It is time for Giggs to go, but regardless of how bad his management skills are, the players haven't been trying very hard.

I accept to a certain point in club football when players stick two players up to their manager but for Internationals to be doing it isn't on.

There about 50 blokes on here who would love to lose their belly bellies, stop eating bacon butties and put on a Welsh shirt (to play for Wales I mean, not walk around ASDA doing the Sunday shop).

I'm not panicking (yet). The way I see it, that is our two toughest games out of the way.

We have young players in the side who are still finding their feet, and besides that there were other factors to consider. Bale is frozen out at Real and not playing much, Ramsey is out injured, Brooks is injured and lacking fitness, Ampadu is injured, lacking fitness and frozen out at Chelsea, and James had a recent family bereavement. So that is all our best players affected by events outside of our control.

After a good rest followed by pre-season of training, I am sure we sure we will see a rejuvenated team in the autumn. Hopefully Bale will sort himself out too, and I think a move to Bayern Munich would be a good fit, after the departure of Robben and Ribery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not panicking (yet). The way I see it, that is our two toughest games out of the way.

We have young players in the side who are still finding their feet, and besides that there were other factors to consider. Bale is frozen out at Real and not playing much, Ramsey is out injured, Brooks is injured and lacking fitness, Ampadu is injured, lacking fitness and frozen out at Chelsea, and James had a recent family bereavement. So that is all our best players affected by events outside of our control.

After a good rest followed by pre-season of training, I am sure we sure we will see a rejuvenated team in the autumn. Hopefully Bale will sort himself out too, and I think a move to Bayern Munich would be a good fit, after the departure of Robben and Ribery.
    Giggs - “We have made it really difficult for ourselves”

.....when the manager thinks we’re up against it you’ve got to deal with the reality....no panicking...just deal with it like an adult. Get Osian in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Giggs - “We have made it really difficult for ourselves”

.....when the manager thinks we’re up against it you’ve got to deal with the reality....no panicking...just deal with it like an adult. Get Osian in charge.
    I'm speaking for myself, not Giggs, and I am really not panicking! We were playing away against the top two teams in the group, and some of our best player had issues. I may start panicking if we don't win the next 3 games! Cheers

I'm speaking for myself, not Giggs, and I am really not panicking! We were playing away against the top two teams in the group, and some of our best player had issues. I may start panicking if we don't win the next 3 games! Cheers
    Wales were 2nd seeds at the draw, while Hungary were 4th seeds and ranked 13 places below us in the UEFA rankings. They are not considered one of the best 2 teams in our group . We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Wales were 2nd seeds at the draw, while Hungary were 4th seeds and ranked 13 places below us in the UEFA rankings. They are not considered one of the best 2 teams in our group . We are.
    I'm talking about the top two teams we will play against, I'm not talking about us or group seeds. Hungary also beat Croatia, so I would take real world events over any rankings.

Is Ben Davies one of the 10? From the very same paper! ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Hungary.html

Pity, there's not much substance to the story. Giggs has to go, we have taken a huge leap backward with his appointment. The last two games were as bad as anything seen pior to the Speed and Coleman eras. The players looked disinterested and half hearted in the last two games. Would love it if the senior players like Ash, Bales and Gunter forced Giggs to go with a bit of player power. Normally I'm against this, but we are going to finish 2nd from bottom of the group unless Giggs is gone by the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Pity, there's not much substance to the story. Giggs has to go, we have taken a huge leap backward with his appointment. The last two games were as bad as anything seen pior to the Speed and Coleman eras. The players looked disinterested and half hearted in the last two games. Would love it if the senior players like Ash, Bales and Gunter forced Giggs to go with a bit of player power. Normally I'm against this, but we are going to finish 2nd from bottom of the group unless Giggs is gone by the next game.
    We had bad results too in the speed and Coleman eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We had bad results too in the speed and Coleman eras.
    Speed and Coleman didn't have the quality of players that Giggs currently has to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Speed and Coleman didn't have the quality of YOUNGplayers that Giggs currently has to choose from.
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    FYP
    Tony, I'd say the current crop of players Giggs had at his disposal is better all round than any players Speed and Coleman had to pick from, whether they are young or not. But I guess this is maybe a discussion for another thread?

Is Ben Davies one of the 10? From the very same paper! ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Hungary.html
    Depends what camp your in as to which story posters will side with.

Only 10 of the Euro 16 squad were in the most recent squad

Together Stronger got us to our highest point so far so needs to be kept going and that extends to supporting our current manager. We're not a million miles away, although there is plenty of work needing to be done.

All's well that ends well

I think we’ve been blessed with young talent and the coaching guys literally don’t know where to play them and what system to adapt just yet. So many youngsters coming through. It’ll take time and Giggs has been the one who’s introduced many of them. 2/3 years we’ll be in the top ten of world football!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I think we’ve been blessed with young talent and the coaching guys literally don’t know where to play them and what system to adapt just yet. So many youngsters coming through. It’ll take time and Giggs has been the one who’s introduced many of them. 2/3 years we’ll be in the top ten of world football!!
    That’s very optimistic. How many youngsters are that good? Brooks. Ampadu and James look good enough. I’m not convinced by any of the other youngsters. Besides in 2/3 years time Bale will coming to the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s very optimistic. How many youngsters are that good? Brooks. Ampadu and James look good enough. I’m not convinced by any of the other youngsters. Besides in 2/3 years time Bale will coming to the end of his career.
    Ben Woodburn is the dark horse for me. I was expecting big things from this lad. He's been with the Liverpool first team since he was recalled from Sheff Utd, so he is still in their plans. It will be interesting to see what happens next, but he could be a source of goals if he gets his act together.

Ben Woodburn is the dark horse for me. I was expecting big things from this lad. He's been with the Liverpool first team since he was recalled from Sheff Utd, so he is still in their plans. It will be interesting to see what happens next, but he could be a source of goals if he gets his act together.
    Yes agreed but he needs to leave Liverpool. Klopp got rid of Allen and Ward with Wilson the next in line to depart. Woodburn needs a move to a Championship club and play regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes agreed but he needs to leave Liverpool. Klopp got rid of Allen and Ward with Wilson the next in line to depart. Woodburn needs a move to a Championship club and play regularly.
    I suspect he was called back because of a lack of first team opportunities as well, not necessarily an endorsement of his talent.

Giggs is a better brother and husband than he is a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Giggs is a better brother and husband than he is a manager.
    Sad but true!!