Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
Just like Racism in football is still rife in many eastern European countries (and here to an extent),we condemn it as people still living in the dark ages.
Just as Sectarianism is still rife in Scottish football and we condemn it as people still living in the dark ages, we still have this tribal stigma in football both in the UK and all over the world where if a supporter of the opposition has the audacity to knowingly or unwittingly go into the home end, or opposing end, they risk a good kicking from the “lads” that love to hide and be hard men in big crowds.
The same guys who’d probably shit yellow without a belly full of ale and the security of a big crowd.
Still. We all know it’s the unwritten rule in the game and those who risk it are “asking for trouble” We are all still living in the dark ages, when it comes to football.
Sadly, you're right. I wonder if the same people who get so agitated about having an away fan sat so close to them would behave the same way at a rugby game? I don't understand why, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, yet it's come to be considered the norm at football.