+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin update

Re: Bitcoin update

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I've also invested in 'Unstoppable Domains'. These are websites that are run off the Blockchain and cannot be taken down by any entity. You make a one-time payment and you own the website for life. You can also make cryptocurrency payments to that website direct from any crypto wallet.

Think of the dot-com boom... people are already snapping up Unstoppable Domains now, with a view to making money by selling them to the original name holders (of course, companies in particular) in the future.
    Where is a good place to learn about crypto / unstoppable domains etc. It's a concept I can't really grasp I have to be honest.

Btw:

If anyone is interested in investing in Bitcoin, but you're put off by the high price, you needn't be. You can buy a percentage of a Bitcoin, it's called a Satoshi (just like pence in the pound).
    Or you can buy an Alternative coin (alt coin) for just a few pence each and hope that they'll go up in value to a few pounds... after all, that exactly how Bitcoin matured.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Where is a good place to learn about crypto / unstoppable domains etc. It's a concept I can't really grasp I have to be honest.
    I got most of my knowledge from YouTube to be honest.
    A good place to start with buying is 'Coinbase'. They're the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world (USA based). Their exchange platform is really simplistic and is ideal for the novice who wants to get into the cryptocurrency market.
    You can buy cryptocurrencies on Coinbase using your debit card.
    I don't use Coinbase now as their exchange rate isn't the best, but it is the place where most people dip their toes in the cryptocurrency waters.
    My one piece of advice if you do decide to buy into cryptocurrencies is to buy yourself a hardware wallet to store your crypto. It's not safe to leave them on an exchange in case the exchange gets hacked - you could lose everything!
    I personally use a Ledger Nano S and keep all of my cryptocurrencies on that.
    There is a website called "Unstoppable Domains". Again, just go on YouTube and do a bit of research; there are far more knowledgeable people on there than me.

On the subject on cryptocurrencies if anyone is looking for an interesting new podcast to listen to I recommend ''The Missing Cryptoqueen'':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84

It's about a women who convinced millions to invest into her new bitcoin ''One Life'', raising billions and then suddenly disappearing into thin air. Turns out it was all a big pyramid scheme, and the podcast is all about trying to track down this women, hearing first hand accounts from people who worked with her, to the tragic stories of people who invested their life savings and lost everything, whilst convincing their friends and family to invest everything too.

Pretty mental listening fair do's.

To learn I recommend Antonop
    Andreas Antonopoulos.
    All on his channel.
    He's a bitcoin evangelist. Fun to watch and a very smart guy.
    He's also written the best book on Bitcoin.
    11 years in it is unstoppable. The key is cryptography.

Which is why I always say get your own Bitcoin and look after them yourself.
    There will be enormous frauds exposed soon on people who think they bought bitcoin but trusted others.
    A silly mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Which is why I always say get your own Bitcoin and look after them yourself.
    There will be enormous frauds exposed soon on people who think they bought bitcoin but trusted others.
    A silly mistake.
    Its almost like financial scams and crimes never happened until BTC came about

Took some out of cold storage and put in into a savings account, earlier this year it was 5%, now 4.4%. In December i earned 340 euro equivalent in interest. Have that doubters

I've also invested in 'Unstoppable Domains'. These are websites that are run off the Blockchain and cannot be taken down by any entity. You make a one-time payment and you own the website for life. You can also make cryptocurrency payments to that website direct from any crypto wallet.

Think of the dot-com boom... people are already snapping up Unstoppable Domains now, with a view to making money by selling them to the original name holders (of course, companies in particular) in the future.
    Sounds interesting, will check that out

Has anyone listened to this podcast about the cryptocurrency 'Onecoin'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84

It was a massive deception and The Times has described as "one of the biggest scams in history" - and people werestill buying into it at the time when the podcasts were being broadcast.

Crypto currency’s are a complete minefield

I have yet to meet 1 person who can actually explain exactly how there came about, who owns what, how they work etc

Still waiting for someone to explain how they first came into existence?? Did someone just make them up and sell them(whatever they are)

For every person who has made a fortune another 10 have lost money

Disaster waiting to happen in my opinion and many people will get their fingers burnt (again)

I have a very small amount of bitcoin (bought it to buy an online subscription) and had $8 balance left in my wallet in September 2018 (0.00126504 BTC). I logged in today for the first time in over 2 years and it's now worth $44.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    My portfolio is almost back to its all time high.
    2018 was a bad year for this asset but we are back in believer territory again.
    I think 20k is likely but I predicted that by end of 2018 and was Very wrong then.

Anyway some believe 100k is likely this year.

Get a little ... (say 1 tenth of a bitcoin) or 10,000,000 Satoshis and enjoy the ride. For a £1,000. (Grand)

Do your own research.
    Don't leave it on an exchange.
    Learn how to look after your own investment I recommend Bread wallet on Android and iOS.
    Only use investment funds you can afford to lose.
    So you're saying that buying it through etoro or a site like that is a bad move?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I was thinking about it. Can’t see bread on the apple stores
    It's called BRD

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So you're saying that buying it through etoro or a site like that is a bad move?
    He's saying not to leave coins in your exchange wallet, but it's fine to use the exchange to buy and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    He's saying not to leave coins in your exchange wallet, but it's fine to use the exchange to buy and sell.
    Ah I see, ta

I got most of my knowledge from YouTube to be honest.
    A good place to start with buying is 'Coinbase'. They're the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world (USA based). Their exchange platform is really simplistic and is ideal for the novice who wants to get into the cryptocurrency market.
    You can buy cryptocurrencies on Coinbase using your debit card.
    I don't use Coinbase now as their exchange rate isn't the best, but it is the place where most people dip their toes in the cryptocurrency waters.
    My one piece of advice if you do decide to buy into cryptocurrencies is to buy yourself a hardware wallet to store your crypto. It's not safe to leave them on an exchange in case the exchange gets hacked - you could lose everything!
    I personally use a Ledger Nano S and keep all of my cryptocurrencies on that.
    There is a website called "Unstoppable Domains". Again, just go on YouTube and do a bit of research; there are far more knowledgeable people on there than me.
    I’m assuming you’ve been exposed in the ledger leak? Have you changed you number or anything?

And how did you get into Zilliqa?! I’m all over that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Crypto currency’s are a complete minefield

I have yet to meet 1 person who can actually explain exactly how there came about, who owns what, how they work etc

Still waiting for someone to explain how they first came into existence?? Did someone just make them up and sell them(whatever they are)

For every person who has made a fortune another 10 have lost money

Disaster waiting to happen in my opinion and many people will get their fingers burnt (again)
    So you freely admit to knowing nothing and then offer up an opinion anyway lol. Okay boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    I’m assuming you’ve been exposed in the ledger leak? Have you changed you number or anything?

And how did you get into Zilliqa?! I’m all over that as well.
    I am pretty sure they have my email address and have no doubt sold it on the dark-web. I've been plagued by phishing attempts, all proclaiming to be from Ledger or any one of the popular cryptocurrency companies.

When you ask about changing my number, do you mean my mobile number? I understand that they can use the hacked data they have on you to initiate a SIM swap.
    However, when I ordered my Ledger it was posted to my sister's address in the UK, she then forwarded it on to me. I use a Chinese mobile number which wasn't given when I purchased the Ledger.

I use 2-Factor Authentication when login-in to the exchanges I use and more importantly... I never, ever, give anyone details of my Ledger password or 24-word recovery phrase.
    I bought 26,000 Zilliqa coins @2p each. If it ever gets to a pound I'll be happy! A long way to go on that yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    So you freely admit to knowing nothing and then offer up an opinion anyway lol. Okay boomer.
    No I’m making the point that I have never come across anyone who can satisfactory explain what it is and how it works...that is a fact

and secondly I am pointing out that while a few people seem to have made a considerable amount of money lots more people have lost money..another fact!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    No I’m making the point that I have never come across anyone who can satisfactory explain what it is and how it works...that is a fact

and secondly I am pointing out that while a few people seem to have made a considerable amount of money lots more people have lost money..another fact!!
    Cool facts Bro, what other world phenomenons are you struggling with that nobody has explained?

How much fiat money is actually invested in Bitcoin?

This question is worth answering and understanding.

A lot of time and effort is put into mining bitcoin for bitcoin reward.
    Money is also invested in mining ASICs.

But no fiat is actually tied up invested in bitcoin itself.
    This is because for every person that buys BTC another selling person is getting the fiat investment money out via an exchange.

Worth understanding and not often made clear!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.
    Well when you read it with no understanding of how blockchain and Bitcoin works - and, more importantly, how it could potentially be adopted - then, yes, it won't be an attractive proposition.

Nobody is denying that BTC is extremely volatile and - as with all financial instruments - risky. But I think we're well past the point of discrediting it as a mere "fad" now, and many major financial institutions agree. Do some research into it, you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Do some research into it, you might be surprised.
    Also research tulip mania for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    Also research tulip mania for balance.
    I did, as that was what everyone threw at people who mentioned BTC. Surprises surprises its mostly codswallop that it somehow collapsed the entire dutch economy and millions were left starving. Like you say, research it as its still a fascinating story.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.
    I missed this post when contributing to the thread earlier. You are showing ignorance. "Fad" - how long does a 'fad' last exactly... more than 12 years?