+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin update

Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.
    Recently bought a Mac computer, also donated to some heavy farming equipment ;-) in Rojava and regularly buy music and support good causes

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Recently bought a Mac computer, also donated to some heavy farming equipment ;-) in Rojava and regularly buy music and support good causes
    Thats all very good but they are hardly day to day purchases that the average man in the street is likely to want to do. Try buying a pack of Cornflakes or a packet of cigarettes with bitcoin and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well when you read it with no understanding of how blockchain and Bitcoin works - and, more importantly, how it could potentially be adopted - then, yes, it won't be an attractive proposition.

Nobody is denying that BTC is extremely volatile and - as with all financial instruments - risky. But I think we're well past the point of discrediting it as a mere "fad" now, and many major financial institutions agree. Do some research into it, you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Do some research into it, you might be surprised.
    Also research tulip mania for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    Also research tulip mania for balance.
    I did, as that was what everyone threw at people who mentioned BTC. Surprises surprises its mostly codswallop that it somehow collapsed the entire dutch economy and millions were left starving. Like you say, research it as its still a fascinating story.