Yup. She was destined for fame.
    Nor me. Wowzers

Re: Kylie Minogue

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd watch her singing but only because i want to cover her in ice cream and
    She would really appreciate that during one of her menopausal hot flushes

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Cure aced it, and it was a masterclass in songwriting and performance. Not bad for a bunch of OAPs!

They put the youngsters to shame, and the wannabe rock stars at Glastonbury should be totally embarrassed by what they served up as music.
    Not a fan of theirs back in the day but really enjoyed their set, not a hint of anger or hatred in their lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Amazing how so many people must be wrong about her yet you are spot on.
    See Jimmy the Jocks post 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    See Jimmy the Jocks post ��
    She's sold 80 million records.

How many you pair sold? I suspect **** all.

Just because something isn't to your taste doesn't make it shit.

Christ there are some arseholes on here. The lady has sold records in the millions and has had a career lasting over a generation and more. Yet some half-soaked herberts from South Wales think that she can’t sing and is talentless. I’ll wait for you to wow me with tales of your prodigious talent and look forward to further critical analysis 😴😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Oh my word. I've not seen that before

Yup. She was destined for fame.
    shes officially the greatest now

So over the last couple of days, after airing my opinions on here, on Glastonbury and some vile female from my home city, I’ve been called vermin, a twat, and a racist. My favourite though, is “ a half soaked Herbert from Sth Wales” I must say. That really did make me laugh.😁

So over the last couple of days, after airing my opinions on here, on Glastonbury and some vile female from my home city, I’ve been called vermin, a twat, and a racist. My favourite though, is “ a half soaked Herbert from Sth Wales” I must say. That really did make me laugh.��
    All's well that ends well.

So over the last couple of days, after airing my opinions on here, on Glastonbury and some vile female from my home city, I’ve been called vermin, a twat, and a racist. My favourite though, is “ a half soaked Herbert from Sth Wales” I must say. That really did make me laugh.��
    You need to get woke bro! I suggest you start by reading the Guardian every day (Woke people simply call it the G). It's re-education for people who want to fit in

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    She's sold 80 million records.

How many you pair sold? I suspect **** all.

Just because something isn't to your taste doesn't make it shit.
    Or to put it another way, if any of those people bought one of my records, I would know that I was doing something very wrong!

Even if those on here didn't like Kylie you have to admire and appreciate the musicianship of her backing band. I'm not a huge fan of Kylie either but that's not the point but have to admit her songs are catchy even though she is not the greatest singer. I can well understand why she is so popular.

On the other hand those who liked the Cure can't appreciate the skill of their musicians (if you can call them that) or the catawailing of their singer as they can neither play well nor sing. We all have different tastes and I can well understand why those who like the Cure don't like Kylie as the two come from opposite ends of contemporary music. Don't fret about it; there's no need to knock the individuals who like their music as all our musical tastes are different.

You need to get woke bro! I suggest you start by reading the Guardian every day (Woke people simply call it the G). It's re-education for people who want to fit in
    I shudder at the thought of “fitting in” on here 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Even if those on here didn't like Kylie you have to admire and appreciate the musicianship of her backing band. I'm not a huge fan of Kylie either but that's not the point but have to admit her songs are catchy even though she is not the greatest singer. I can well understand why she is so popular.

On the other hand those who liked the Cure can't appreciate the skill of their musicians (if you can call them that) or the catawailing of their singer as they can neither play well nor sing. We all have different tastes and I can well understand why those who like the Cure don't like Kylie as the two come from opposite ends of contemporary music. Don't fret about it; there's no need to knock the individuals who like their music as all our musical tastes are different.
    You’re quite right. Everyone has their musical tastes. Can’t help wondering though, how far Kylie would have got with her voice, if she looked like Susan Boyle. 🤔

Are you saying the Cure blokes can't play their instruments?

They can play their instruments but I don't admire their proficiency. Perhaps some other musicians on here can comment. We are all entitled to our opinions and to our musical tastes. If you like the Cure then fine but I guess you would not like them for their ability musically just the overall effect possibly. All my opinion of course.

They can play their instruments but I don't admire their proficiency. Perhaps some other musicians on here can comment. We are all entitled to our opinions and to our musical tastes. If you like the Cure then fine but I guess you would not like them for their ability musically just the overall effect possibly. All my opinion of course.
    Some people were complaining that they sounded too much like the records when they played live at Glastonbury

Or to put it another way, if any of those people bought one of my records, I would know that I was doing something very wrong!
    So your artistic integrity is what prevents you from being a successful musician?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So your artistic integrity is what prevents you from being a successful musician?
    Speaking hypothetically, I would be hoping for an entirely different type of audience, more Arcade Fire than Kylie! I'd actually like to stand a chance of winning a Grammy Award, and getting inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame

Speaking hypothetically, I would be hoping for an entirely different type of audience, more Arcade Fire than Kylie! I'd actually like to stand a chance of winning a Grammy Award, and getting inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
    So few people buy albums these days, you should be grateful no matter who buys them. Would care if fans of Madonna bought your hypothetical record?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So few people buy albums these days, you should be grateful no matter who buys them. Would care if fans of Madonna bought your hypothetical record?
    The recognition I would hypothetically seek is not based on record sales

I'm sure you would.

You'd only be in it for the art.

wtf are you dipsticks arguing about now

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    wtf are you dipsticks arguing about now
    Artist integrity