+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff metro

Cardiff metro

I will admit I haven't paid much attention to these plans over the last several years, but this seems great, a big step forward if it happens

Circle line, crossrail, airport station etc

IMG_20190704_142713.jpg

Re: Cardiff metro

Will it be finished before the new bus station?

A huge step, they might actually finish it by 2090 at this rate

Cardiff Parkway in St Mellon’s eh?
    Been in the offing for as long as I can remember.

I've heard of this metro thing for a while now, other than changing the rail franchise has anything happened, anywhere? Saw this morning they are now on about a crossrail system also.

All fancy plans, only people benefiting out of this are those doing consultations or those drawing up the plans.

Might have a train station in the east of the city sometime in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Will it be finished before the new bus station?
    The world will end before that's built.

They can't complete a motorway relief road, how are they going to manage this?

Does it depend on what frogs, toads, spiders or lizards live along the routes ?????

3 Trillion £’s spent on checking first

International

But still only 2 stations in east cardiff. Rumney and the one I can't read below pontprenau. What about Llanrumney, St mellons , Old st mellons and splott/tremorfa??

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But still only 2 stations in east cardiff. Rumney and the one I can't read below pontprenau. What about Llanrumney, St mellons , Old st mellons and splott/tremorfa??
    Those are bus stops as well.

There will be splott, Newport road and Cardiff parkway however

Leave them alone , we as tax payers have paid millions for these details ,plans , analysis ,studies ,discussions and pictures , and think too we blindly vote for these people year after year after year.

Been waiting for St Mellons Parkway for at least 25 years.
    Can't see it happening for another 25, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I will admit I haven't paid much attention to these plans over the last several years, but this seems great, a big step forward if it happens

Circle line, crossrail, airport station etc

IMG_20190704_142713.jpg
    Almost 30 years to say no to a piece of road, behave 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Does Ely get as many stops as the entire east of Cardiff?

All to turn Cardiff into a 20mph city.
    Can’t go much above that these days with the traffic and the amount of jagged speed bumps that don’t get maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Almost 30 years to say no to a piece of road, behave ������������
    I would have said no to that road, it was a total waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would have said no to that road, it was a total waste of money
    If only we'd known. We could have slipped you £20m and saved ourselves a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    All to turn Cardiff into a 20mph city.
    Can’t go much above that these days with the traffic and the amount of jagged speed bumps that don’t get maintained.
    I'd congestion charge the center and surrounding area , double charge parking fee's , use the revenues to fund a proper transport systems ,create more transport jobs and services .

Stop vanity projects for 5 years , slow down on recycling madness as were ahead of most in Europe anyway , and get it done and fit for purposes ,and healthy for our children.

Come on Labour show us what you got , make us proud and a showpiece city ,you have had a lot of time in power.

All these plans for metro should have been in place before the huge building of housing estates commenced. No plan for the area between Lisvane and Pontpennau where loads of houses are planned. No link to the sport Village from Grangetown as they are building on the old track now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    All these plans for metro should have been in place before the huge building of housing estates commenced. No plan for the area between Lisvane and Pontpennau where loads of houses are planned. No link to the sport Village from Grangetown as they are building on the old track now.
    Dreadful planning no coordination , if this was a private run business they be would be sacked, just feel there is under skilled folk running our decision making and planning

International

[QUOTE=life on mars;4984800]I'd congestion charge the center and surrounding area , double charge parking fee's , use the revenues to fund a proper transport systems ,create more transport jobs and services .

Stop vanity projects for 5 years , slow down on recycling madness as were ahead of most in Europe anyway , and get it done and fit for purposes ,and healthy for our children.

But doesn't this imply starting the congestion charge and double charging parking comes before the money for the upgrading for public transport is available from these actions? Which means that again the driver is suffering before any reasonable alternative is available.
    This is the problem, they penalise the driver but do not offer a usable alternative. So people will not/cannot get out of their cars.

Have they put in a station for the ****-tonne of houses being built between fair water/danescourt and creigiau and further, with no changes to the roads?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Have they put in a station for the ****-tonne of houses being built between fair water/danescourt and creigiau and further, with no changes to the roads?
    If you look at the map in the first post you will see the stations proposed for these places. Heaven only knows when or if it will happen

seems like they're starting to electrify the valley lines from today.

Breakneck speed on this.