+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff metro

Re: Cardiff metro

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Breakneck speed on this.
    At least it is happening. there were quite a few times it didn't look like happening at all.

Apparently some European money is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At least it is happening. there were quite a few times it didn't look like happening at all.

Apparently some European money is involved.
    They've been digging the holes for the Pilling for a while.

Will it be ready before the ticket office announces the ticket sales for Barnsley ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Will it be ready before the ticket office announces the ticket sales for Barnsley ?
    Silly question.

Ticket office ain't opening back up.

Apparently the construction of the depot complex in Taffs Well is way behind schedule, and way over budget (about 3x the initial proposed budget).

Having had a look at the map , and knowing a bit about railways, most of the lines are existing, but the ones at Waterhall and on the way to Creigiau would need major revamping, as would the one at Culverhouse Cross. Some of that route has ben built on, with housing estates etc, and the old railway from Creigiau to Culverhouse Cross (where the Wenvoe Tunnel still exists), has the A4232 built on it!

I don't expect to see it in my lifetime. The Metro is just a revamping of the old Valley Lines service with a proposition to built on the above mentioned sites. A nice marketing effort by TfW though.

By 'Cardiff Airport' don't they mean Fontygary?
    Hardly a direct route

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    By 'Cardiff Airport' don't they mean Fontygary?
    Hardly a direct route
    It'll be the current Rhoose station that may be re-named.

Will St Mellons get the station that was promised at least 30 years ago?

Probably not for another 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

planning has been submitted for a "cardiff parkway" in st mellons.
    Was originally due to start building in 2020. All gone a bit quiet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Love a good flirt

Let's be honest here - by calling it Cardiff Metro, it sounds like we're getting an underground system, or at the very least, some new light railway. But in fact, all we're getting is a few new stations on existing lines, and the same old crap buses. Well, excuse me if I don't get over-excited.
    Yes, it's great that they are (at last) building some new stations, but they should have done it years ago. They also should have prevented any building on unused rail beds, as they were bound to come in useful at some point. They should also have built railways into the new estates being built around the city. But that's far too joined up.

That one will happen, in fact I'm sure its starting soon. Private money and builders behind it, that managed to rope the Welsh Government in as supporters.

As for the rest of the metro , I'm predicting a complete disaster. What kind of braindead numpties order trains without toilets for the valleys routes 🤣. Going to be absolute f@cking carnage on a weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    That one will happen, in fact I'm sure its starting soon. Private money and builders behind it, that managed to rope the Welsh Government in as supporters.

As for the rest of the metro , I'm predicting a complete disaster. What kind of braindead numpties order trains without toilets for the valleys routes ��. Going to be absolute f@cking carnage on a weekend!
    I'm sure people can plan ahead for the length of time the valleys lines run. the longest ones will be about 50 minutes, with the vast majority being a lot less than that. if they got a taxi there isn't a toilet either.

I'm sure people can plan ahead for the length of time the valleys lines run. the longest ones will be about 50 minutes, with the vast majority being a lot less than that. if they got a taxi there isn't a toilet either.
    Some of the dirty f@ckers can't keep their stomach contents down for 5 minutes while a toilet is occupied , let alone 40/50 minutes on the last one back on a Friday night 🤣

I think the tram idea is a bit daft tbh, the ride quality is going to be extremely lively at speed. coupled with the lack of facilities it's going to be a bit of a shitty service for anyone coming in from the valleys. Hoping I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by what I've seen

Yeah I'm positive kids won't piss their pants.

As for grown ups, I can have a drink and piss before I get on the train after a day/night out but its not to say I won't need to go again on the train, but could probably hold it for 25 mins from Cardiff. I can't see everyone having the luxury of a semi decent bladder. The over 50s on here will be pissing out the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Does Ely get as many stops as the entire east of Cardiff?
    Ely must have the best bus service in the area. Must be a bus on its way into the city centre every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Some of the dirty f@ckers can't keep their stomach contents down for 5 minutes while a toilet is occupied , let alone 40/50 minutes on the last one back on a Friday night ��

I think the tram idea is a bit daft tbh, the ride quality is going to be extremely lively at speed. coupled with the lack of facilities it's going to be a bit of a shitty service for anyone coming in from the valleys. Hoping I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by what I've seen
    There's a guy in my row at the CCS who can't last 20 minutes, you can almost set your watch by him going of to the loo before 20 mins on the clock, he comes back in but leaves at least 5 mins before HT, then late for second half, then out again around 65 mins, then back...the leaves before FT.
    Hope he doesn't have to travel far.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But still only 2 stations in east cardiff. Rumney and the one I can't read below pontprenau. What about Llanrumney, St mellons , Old st mellons and splott/tremorfa??
    why would the residents of S'mel need a train station when they are still in the 18th century?

There's a guy in my row at the CCS who can't last 20 minutes, you can almost set your watch by him going of to the loo before 20 mins on the clock, he comes back in but leaves at least 5 mins before HT, then late for second half, then out again around 65 mins, then back...the leaves before FT.
    Sounds like cocaine

Lets hope he's okay prostrate issues can be awful and embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah I'm positive kids won't piss their pants.

As for grown ups, I can have a drink and piss before I get on the train after a day/night out but its not to say I won't need to go again on the train, but could probably hold it for 25 mins from Cardiff. I can't see everyone having the luxury of a semi decent bladder. The over 50s on here will be pissing out the windows.
    I think I read a while back that the plan is to install toilets on every platform 🤔 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    I think I read a while back that the plan is to install toilets on every platform 🤔 😅
    Yes I read that too, was a while back it was published. Can you imagine the disruption to trips back home though hopping on and off trains.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yes I read that too, was a while back it was published. Can you imagine the disruption to trips back home though hopping on and off trains.
    People manage on the London Underground and I'm pretty sure there aren't many toilets on the trains there.