+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff metro

Re: Cardiff metro

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure people can plan ahead for the length of time the valleys lines run. the longest ones will be about 50 minutes, with the vast majority being a lot less than that. if they got a taxi there isn't a toilet either.
    Some of the dirty f@ckers can't keep their stomach contents down for 5 minutes while a toilet is occupied , let alone 40/50 minutes on the last one back on a Friday night 🤣

I think the tram idea is a bit daft tbh, the ride quality is going to be extremely lively at speed. coupled with the lack of facilities it's going to be a bit of a shitty service for anyone coming in from the valleys. Hoping I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by what I've seen

I'm sure people can plan ahead for the length of time the valleys lines run. the longest ones will be about 50 minutes, with the vast majority being a lot less than that. if they got a taxi there isn't a toilet either.
    Yeah I'm positive kids won't piss their pants.

As for grown ups, I can have a drink and piss before I get on the train after a day/night out but its not to say I won't need to go again on the train, but could probably hold it for 25 mins from Cardiff. I can't see everyone having the luxury of a semi decent bladder. The over 50s on here will be pissing out the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Does Ely get as many stops as the entire east of Cardiff?
    Ely must have the best bus service in the area. Must be a bus on its way into the city centre every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Some of the dirty f@ckers can't keep their stomach contents down for 5 minutes while a toilet is occupied , let alone 40/50 minutes on the last one back on a Friday night ��

I think the tram idea is a bit daft tbh, the ride quality is going to be extremely lively at speed. coupled with the lack of facilities it's going to be a bit of a shitty service for anyone coming in from the valleys. Hoping I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by what I've seen
    There's a guy in my row at the CCS who can't last 20 minutes, you can almost set your watch by him going of to the loo before 20 mins on the clock, he comes back in but leaves at least 5 mins before HT, then late for second half, then out again around 65 mins, then back...the leaves before FT.
    Hope he doesn't have to travel far.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But still only 2 stations in east cardiff. Rumney and the one I can't read below pontprenau. What about Llanrumney, St mellons , Old st mellons and splott/tremorfa??
    why would the residents of S'mel need a train station when they are still in the 18th century?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    There's a guy in my row at the CCS who can't last 20 minutes, you can almost set your watch by him going of to the loo before 20 mins on the clock, he comes back in but leaves at least 5 mins before HT, then late for second half, then out again around 65 mins, then back...the leaves before FT.
    Sounds like cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Lets hope he's okay prostrate issues can be awful and embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah I'm positive kids won't piss their pants.

As for grown ups, I can have a drink and piss before I get on the train after a day/night out but its not to say I won't need to go again on the train, but could probably hold it for 25 mins from Cardiff. I can't see everyone having the luxury of a semi decent bladder. The over 50s on here will be pissing out the windows.
    I think I read a while back that the plan is to install toilets on every platform 🤔 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    I think I read a while back that the plan is to install toilets on every platform 🤔 😅
    Yes I read that too, was a while back it was published. Can you imagine the disruption to trips back home though hopping on and off trains.

Yes I read that too, was a while back it was published. Can you imagine the disruption to trips back home though hopping on and off trains.
    People manage on the London Underground and I'm pretty sure there aren't many toilets on the trains there.

People manage on the London Underground and I'm pretty sure there aren't many toilets on the trains there.
    Oh that's OK then

Oh that's OK then
    Good, glad that's all sorted.

Good, glad that's all sorted.
    Its kit, they would be used to the transport. Anyone who uses it, kids or whoever would be accustomed to it.

We've had years of toilets on trains, asking the locals to suddenly change isn't just going to work because they want it to. It won't go smoothly.

Its kit, they would be used to the transport. Anyone who uses it, kids or whoever would be accustomed to it.

We've had years of toilets on trains, asking the locals to suddenly change isn't just going to work because they want it to. It won't go smoothly.
    Now I'm as guilty of assuming people are dummies as anyone, but even I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets hope he's okay prostrate issues can be awful and embarrassing
    I think it's just a case of getting tanked before KO and at HT.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Now I'm as guilty of assuming people are dummies as anyone, but even I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    Travel on a train to Barry to and from the valleys in the summer holidays
    Or late on a weekend.

I'll stick with my comment 😂👍

This wont be repeated in South Wales, albeit on a much smaller scale, will it?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-cost-taxpayer

Not many people make 45+ minute trips on the tube. Most valley lines trips are commutes into Cardiff from the valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not many people make 45+ minute trips on the tube. Most valley lines trips are commutes into Cardiff from the valleys.
    Of interest....(or not):

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ney_length_and

Iíll wager all this is completed before they finish the Heads of the Valley roadworks between Abergavenny and Bryn Mawr.