Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
Thought you would say that. So trust you accept my alternative explanation?
The point is that believers either consider Bible stories as absolute truth or they consider the stories to be merely symbolic or allegorical. Once you shift to the latter option the whole edifice falls as you fall into the confused area that my lay preacher friend describes as 'pick and mix'.

If I told you that I had a discussion about high energy physics with a badger in my garden last night would you believe it? Do you have a convincing audit trail of proof to believe in the talking snake? Do you have any audit trail to prove that a person called Moses spoke to God and recorded his words? Do you have any proof of that 'God'?
Of course not. Poorly educated people thousands of years ago may have believed in those infantilising stories but we have more evidence of the Big Bang than there is regarding a deity creating the universe in a day.
Most believers don't even have an understanding of who wrote their holy books, how the content was collated, added to, sifted out and everything else.
And practically all believers swallow the first religion that is foisted upon them by parents, the state, school etc.

Talking Snake v Big Bang. There is more evidence in support of the latter.