+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Globalisation

Football Globalisation

so today an unknown 16 year old west brom academy player signs for Barcelona on a 3 year deal . He's also changed from turning out for the republic of Ireland to represent England too .

there's been lots of debates on this board regarding our academy and academy status over the years on here but I think today hits home what what the current model is at the top level . West brom will claim 235k in compensation too !

I,m pretty sure this board would be up in arms if we lost a talented 16 year old from our academy so what's everyone's view on this ?

a great opportunity for the lad or just accept globalisation or any other view ?

https://www.givemesport.com/1489162-...romwich-albion

Re: Football Globalisation

Didn't we lose a lad to Man City recently? I suppose the main issue is the welfare of the youngster, not the club who have nurtured him as they see him as a commodity as well, they're only investing time and money into him because they think that they'll get a return on the time and money invested in him. This isn't a common thing, what would be more interesting is to find out what happens to these kids and how they develop, then we could come to some kind of conclusion from there point of view, not the football clubs.

You have mentioned the G word.

Prepare for the multi attack.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You have mentioned the G word.

Prepare for the multi attack.
    RonnieBales will be along shortly