Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
Well, given the contraversy, I've just looked it up ,and it most definitely does exist , including a clause that they must not be bent at an unacceptable angle .
I'm far more concerned myself with the EU deals to buy crappy South and central bananas which lost thousands of jobs in South Wales and Essex as well as shutting down the economy in Jamaica and other former colonies which supported us when we were at war with the countries leading the EU.
I'd love to see these industries and jobs restored by Brexit , but I'm straying into politics and that'll get me trolled.

In any case, as far as I can establish the said rule / regulation does exist , so I'm interested why you think it doesn't .
'Bananas have always been classified by quality and size for international trade. Because the standards, set by individual governments and the industry, were confusing, the European Commission was asked to draw up new rules.

Commission regulation 2257/94 decreed that bananas in general should be “free from malformation or abnormal curvature”. Those sold as “extra class” must be perfect, “class 1” can have “slight defects of shape” and “class 2” can have full-scale “defects of shape”.

Nothing is banned under the regulation, which sets grading rules requested by industry to make sure importers – including UK wholesalers and supermarkets – know exactly what they will be getting when they order a box of bananas.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...us-in-cornwall

Hope that helps.