+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Cost In and Out

Transfer Cost In and Out

Roughly 11 . 5 million spent , 9.5 in, few free's in and out , unless my figures are wrong seems a balanced window?

Re: Transfer Cost In and Out

Well it looks like sales of £11m and we've spend £15.5m if you can believe what's printed. Although we don't get all the money up front, and neither do we pay fees up front. But we should be saving on the wages of Harris, O'Keefe, Murphy., Camarasa, Arter , Niasse and Gunnarsson. The last four were probably on big money, and Manga too. I expect 3 others to go out at least, any of Smithies, Cunningham, Madine, Bogle and Damour, and maybe Connolly. SO we'd still need another striker and two midfielders.

Why Warnock prefers Day to Smithies I really don't know, unless there have been discussions to get these players out and they still ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Well it looks like sales of £11m and we've spend £15.5m if you can believe what's printed. Although we don't get all the money up front, and neither do we pay fees up front. But we should be saving on the wages of Harris, O'Keefe, Murphy., Camarasa, Arter , Niasse and Gunnarsson. The last four were probably on big money, and Manga too. I expect 3 others to go out at least, any of Smithies, Cunningham, Madine, Bogle and Damour, and maybe Connolly. SO we'd still need another striker and two midfielders.

Why Warnock prefers Day to Smithies I really don't know, unless there have been discussions to get these players out and they still ongoing?
    The wages will be a huge saving - could be as much as 5 million net difference better off this season this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Probably the latter. The way I see it, it means one of two things, Smithies is not fit or he is surplus to requirements.
    He'll be on bigger wages than Day and Day played in some big games last year and has grown as a keeper.
    The reserve keeper won't play many games with Etheridge here but if he does have to step in, NW thinks Day won't let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Probably the latter. The way I see it, it means one of two things, Smithies is not fit or he is surplus to requirements.
    He'll be on bigger wages than Day and Day played in some big games last year and has grown as a keeper.
    The reserve keeper won't play many games with Etheridge here but if he does have to step in, NW thinks Day won't let us down.
    The Smithies situation is really odd.

He didn't go to the USA/Canada, but he had no visa problems and he was fit (he played for the u23s). Apart from the rumour of a loan move to Birmingham at the start of the summer (surely now off the table as Brum have sorted their goalkeeper problem) there has been no clue as to why he has been excluded and demoted within the squad. He hasn't been very impressive in the few chances he has had with us, but was previously regarded as one of the best keepers in the Championship and talked right up by Warnock.

I know Etheridge has kept him out of the team but it feels as if something else has happened behind the scenes to make him either unwanted or 3rd choice!

So far we have spent £16.5m and received £11m making a debt of £5.5m. If the widely touted £15m was the correct figure available from Tan for transfers, that makes another £9.5m still available. Of course there are whatever fees we still get for those we sell before Aug 8th to add to the +/- accounts.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    So far we have spent £16.5m and received £11m making a debt of £5.5m. If the widely touted £15m was the correct figure available from Tan for transfers, that makes another £9.5m still available. Of course there are whatever fees we still get for those we sell before Aug 8th to add to the +/- accounts.

StT.
    <><
    Does the 15 million include wages ?

When I see some players moving around I think we do decent business. It's just odd as I think we will do quite well but think our squad is relatively cheap if put on paper .

For me Morrison and Bamba aren't far from dunks level and he is 40 million I know age is a factor

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Roughly 11 . 5 million spent , 9.5 in, few free's in and out , unless my figures are wrong seems a balanced window?
    Frees and loans are not free! You Pay signing on fees and agents fees so spending figures are always much more, last year people were saying we only spend £27m in the Summer but in accounts it was over £56m%!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Does the 15 million include wages ?
    This was the issue that Tan had a rant over with Malky. Malky spent approx. £35m on transfer fees; Tan thought the figure of £35m should have included wages for new players, too. One £35k/wk player on a 4 yr contract would have cost over £7m in wages. Four players, therefore on 4 yr contracts at this rate would have cost approaching £30m leaving a pitiful £5m for transfer fees. A ludicrous situation.

My view then and now is that if a figure is quoted eg £15m then that's on transfer fees and wages should come out of the yearly budget.

StT.
    <><