+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinn Fein can change course of Brexit

Re: Sinn Fein can change course of Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sitting on a fence is .
    Libereals, Tories, now haveva position, time for labour to man up .
    They have a position, any deal negotiated should be put to a second ref as should no deal.

Tories don't have a position, they are still pretending to negotiate. Liberals now appear to want to revoke without actually asking anybody a direct question.

You can spin it however you like and labour have frustrated me no end over this issue but their position is clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They have a position, any deal negotiated should be put to a second ref as should no deal.

Tories don't have a position, they are still pretending to negotiate. Liberals now appear to want to revoke without actually asking anybody a direct question.

You can spin it however you like and labour have frustrated me no end over this issue but their position is clear now.

Would you not say the Tories have a slightly clearer leave agenda now under Boris , albeit a frightening one ?

In my humble view the only way we going to deal with Brext is via an election dominated by Brext ,where one Party is leave ie Tories , due to Brexit/DUP pressures v the remain parties , three of which I think would be SNP, Liberals and Plaid .

The question is what will Labours election position be , as Brexit will dominate and they have the heavy Brexit leave constituency issues.

Talking about spin, perhaps the current love in with the SNP with smooth chatter about consideration of another Scottish Independence vote , is shaping up like the Tory /DUP arrangement.

What goes round comes round .

As clear as mud.

Would you not say the Tories have a slightly clearer leave agenda now under Boris , albeit a frightening one ?

In my humble view the only way we going to deal with Brext is via an election dominated by Brext ,where one Party is leave ie Tories , due to Brexit/DUP pressures v the remain parties , three of which I think would be SNP, Liberals and Plaid .

The question is what will Labours election position be , as Brexit will dominate and they have the heavy Brexit leave constituency issues.

Talking about spin, perhaps the current love in with the SNP with smooth chatter about consideration of another Scottish Independence vote , is shaping up like the Tory /DUP arrangement.

What goes round comes round .

As clear as mud.
    You call them 'remain' parties but what is their policy? Revoke or 2nd ref?

If we don't leave the EU and/or the Tories aren't in government then the appetite for a 2nd Scottish independence ref goes way down.

I don't think the Tory policy is clear beyond 'leave'. May used no deal as a theat too, it didn't work. The PM who takes us out without a withdrawal agreement will pay for it and that doesn't suit Boris because his primary aim is staying in number 10 as long as possible.

You call them 'remain' parties but what is their policy? Revoke or 2nd ref?

If we don't leave the EU and/or the Tories aren't in government then the appetite for a 2nd Scottish independence ref goes way down.

I don't think the Tory policy is clear beyond 'leave'. May used no deal as a theat too, it didn't work. The PM who takes us out without a withdrawal agreement will pay for it and that doesn't suit Boris because his primary aim is staying in number 10 as long as possible.
    Its a ducking mess, that is something we can agree on .

Its a ducking mess, that is something we can agree on .
    I have actually reached the schadenfreude area where some sick part of me wants no deal for a bit of entertainment. Problem is a lot of people I know could suffer from that.

I have actually reached the schadenfreude area where some sick part of me wants no deal for a bit of entertainment. Problem is a lot of people I know could suffer from that.
    Strangely I'm of the same view now .

Being a remain voter ,I have become very frustrated with the whole process and have grown a dislike to the workings of the Federalist type European commission after better understanding what this was all about , wish the vote was now, after all this dirt washing has been aired.

I think I would be inclined to vote leave now ,I do wonder though how others would react or change ?? .

Incredibly the biggest deal bloker I never got to hear about ,or notices its arguments back in 2016

I now know why Corbyn and his inner circle dislike this federal organisation.