+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Away Colour Clash

Away Colour Clash

I'm sat here watching the Bristol City v Leeds match and finding the shirt colours not clearly distinguishable from a distance. There was no need for a change of colours in this instance because Bristol play in red and Leeds play in white so Leeds could have kept their home colours and the contrast would have been more apparent.

I wonder if anyone else agrees with me that perhaps the football bigwigs should only allow a change of shirt when there is a genuine need and, for the benefit of the viewer, the referee should insist one team plays in a dark colour and the other plays in a light colour. That should do the trick.
    Last edited by Dorcus; 04-08-19 at 16:43. Reason: Spelling errors

Re: Away Colour Clash

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm sat here watching the Bristol City v Leeds match and finding the shirt colours not clearly distinguishable from a distance. There was no need for a change of colours in this instance because Bristol play in red and Leeds play in white so Leeds could have kept their home colours and the contrast would have been more apparent.

I wonder if anyone else agrees with me that perhaps the football bigwigs should only allow a change of shirt when there is a general need and, for the benefit of the viewer, the referee should insist one team plays in a dark colour and the other plays in a light colour. That should do the trick.
    Bristol City play in red 🤔

Leeds wouldn't be allowed to play in all white, as Bristol have white shorts.

All about selling their away kit.

Leeds’ movement is brilliant.
    They would pull our defence apart based on yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Leeds wouldn't be allowed to play in all white, as Bristol have white shorts.

All about selling their away kit.
    A few teams in my daughters football club want to choose 2nd shirt colours, we have yellow shirts and blue shorts for the whole club as a 2nd colour clash kit, now as some play for JPL teams, they want to choose a colour kit, some want Pink, some want Black

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Leeds’ movement is brilliant.
    They would pull our defence apart based on yesterday.
    Absolutely agree, they've been very impressive today

Absolutely agree, they've been very impressive today
    Champions in the making.

Leeds Keeper a bit flappy mind

I wonder if anyone else agrees with me that perhaps the football bigwigs should only allow a change of shirt when there is a genuine need and, for the benefit of the viewer, the referee should insist one team plays in a dark colour and the other plays in a light colour. That should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Fair play, it took a lot of spunk to produce that.

Leeds will fall apart again.

Sky really hypes up everyone at the club.

They only beat the Wurzels 2-1 after all.

Calvin Phillips should get a ban fot that hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Leeds will fall apart again.

Sky really hypes up everyone at the club.

They only beat the Wurzels 2-1 after all.

Calvin Phillips should get a ban fot that hairstyle.
    3 - 1

And the colour clash was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A few teams in my daughters football club want to choose 2nd shirt colours, we have yellow shirts and blue shorts for the whole club as a 2nd colour clash kit, now as some play for JPL teams, they want to choose a colour kit, some want Pink, some want Black
    Absolutely fascinating. Now, how does that have any link to the post you quoted?

I agree. If there is a shorts clash, change the shorts. Remember us wearing blue shirts and red shorts at Bootham Crescent a while back.

I think short clashes are not allowed.

So Leeds could not wear white shorts as they would clash with the Wurzels white shorts.

Yesterday Bolton only had one kit (they were grateful for that), and the shorts clashed with Wycombe. But the EFL allowed it as Bolton were in enough shit already.

Banned

Preston can force the home side to change their kit because they were the first FL Champions.
    Reading can force the home side to change their kit because they play in the Royal County of Berkshire.

None of that is true btw

And the other thing is when a team plays in red and a goalkeeper plays in orange. Again there's the clash that happens between Wolves and Bristol City. Why? Again there's when a team plays in blue and the other team or goalkeeper plays in black. Why? And whatever it looks like for the ref it's far worse in the stands.

StT.
    <><

i thought this was a thread about our shite passing at Wigan. The stewards saw more of the ball than Bobby Reid

Leeds looked fantastic last year until it mattered. It's a long season, ups and downs. I'd say they should get top 6 but who knows really.

Pedant corner.

Clash: a mismatch of colours. "a clash of tweeds and a striped shirt"

synonyms: mismatch, discordance, discord, lack of harmony, incompatibility, jarring
    "a clash of tweeds and a striped shirt"

You should have said, away colour harmonious match.

sorry just being a dick

Yep!