+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life after death - should we be more open minded?

Re: Life after death - should we be more open minded?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Sadly there are an increasing number of elderly people who are, as you say, mere husks of what they were but for whom death is not an option. This is the fate I fear the most, much more than death itself.
    Indeed. Life can be incredibly cruel.

Either way nobody is able to come back and tell us conclusively so it's all theory. Can't be proven, can't be disproven.

I've never ruled things out, you can lean towards what you know or are told but the reality is humans will only ever be able to learn a tiny fraction of the workings of the universe and beyond.

Personally I think we are in a simulated reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Either way nobody is able to come back and tell us conclusively so it's all theory. Can't be proven, can't be disproven.

I've never ruled things out, you can lean towards what you know or are told but the reality is humans will only ever be able to learn a tiny fraction of the workings of the universe and beyond.

Personally I think we are in a simulated reality.
    I used to wonder whether I am actually part of the population and participating in society, or just a visitor who's observing everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I used to wonder whether I am actually part of the population and participating in society, or just a visitor who's observing everyone else.
    We are both, of course. We are the centre of our own world as we look from the motorway bridge at all the people we see rushing around but we are just extras in their lives, a figure on a motorway bridge that they glimpse oh so briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We are both, of course. We are the centre of our own world as we look from the motorway bridge at all the people we see rushing around but we are just extras in their lives, a figure on a motorway bridge that they glimpse oh so briefly.
    Beautifully put although i've now got this image of David Brent uttering those words at a team meeting....with guitar in hand..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Beautifully put although i've now got this image of David Brent uttering those words at a team meeting....with guitar in hand..
    I used to have another thought as a kid: sitting on the moon looking down on our planet and realising that the language we speak, the religion we believe in and many of the ways we think are based simply on the location we are born and brought up in.......

And to this day I am obsessed with travel, languages, belief systems and other cultures.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I enjoy reading James Lovelocks ideas about Gaia and that there is eternal life but it’s for dna and not what dna produces as part of its role

The Gaia hypothesis proposes that living organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a synergistic and self-regulating, complex system that helps to maintain and perpetuate the conditions for life on the planet.

oh ffs shut up with this gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    oh ffs shut up with this gibberish
    Made the effort to voluntarily read a page and a half of it so you could tell people to stop writing it. The internet.

Again we are very fortunate people that we have the luxury of debating such issues such as "life after death" when for so many people in the world "life before death" is a more pressing issue.

Those who believe in nothing will stand for anything

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Those who believe in nothing will stand for anything
    Trump? Boris? Glad you're finally waking up!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Again we are very fortunate people that we have the luxury of debating such issues such as "life after death" when for so many people in the world "life before death" is a more pressing issue.
    Very much so. Many of us have the luxury about thinking about the meaning of life whilst milliions of people around the world are just looking to get the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Very much so. Many of us have the luxury about thinking about the meaning of life whilst milliions of people around the world are just looking to get the end of the day.
    so so true and very sad.

Blueblade

1. What ‘magic’ are you referring to?
    2. Are you saying that humans must be able to understand any phenomenon before it can be classified as true?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

"The King of Persia, he is My servant also".

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    "The King of Persia, he is My servant also".
    Anglia East