We are equally cursed and blessed with NW.

If you were to make a hybrid franken-manager of all the managers in the division, then there would be a lot that you would take from NW, he's one of the best around at motivating, organising and man management, and everyone on his team's knows exactly what they are there to do.

The style of football we play though is becoming less and less successful in this division. Look at the teams who go up or make the playoffs year on year, this style is becoming increasingly rare at the top end of the table, and still fairly common at the bottom.

NW due to his strengths, has a huge impact on a club when he first takes over. He rescued Rotherham from almost certain relegation, and turned us around hugely.
However given a longer period it doesn't seem to have a generally positive trend. The style, player recruitment etc areas he might not be as strong have more of an influence over the longer term.

I think we will be ok this time round, and I'm happy to cheer NW on and back his methods to have another crack at it. But I also think we should be seriously planning for life after NW. He's a one off, and without the guy I think we need a serious change of direction or we will really struggle.
All the most successful teams are now using a director of football and we should be looking to bring someone in asap to start to plan on the direction we take the club at the end of NWs contract.