+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby reid gone to Fulham

Bobby reid gone to Fulham

£10 million

Re: Bobby reid gone to Fulham

It’s a fair price but it’s weakens Cardiff and strengthens Fulham. Marlon Pack is nowhere near of the same quality.

Pack is a different type of player. You could argue we need to strengthen in that position as opposed to another skillful winger

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    £10 million
    Has he?

****ing joke - we;re replacing him with an inferior and non goal scoring Pack (If we're lucky) and we've bought a permanently injured striker(?) who's best days were with Truro in the 7th tier 5 years ago. Absolute dogshit window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s a fair price but it’s weakens Cardiff and strengthens Fulham. Marlon Pack is nowhere near of the same quality.
    one reid = six pack.

£10 million
    Only Warnock could sign Bobby , not play him and sell him to a rival like Fulham, FECKING MADNESS. Good luck to you Bobby but in all honesty I think you are too tidy a player for Warnockball, all the best.

£10 million
    Very fair price IMO. Has had one good season end of the day.

Pack is not a replacement - he’s a player brought in in a position we needed.

Take a breath.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Very fair price IMO. Has had one good season end of the day.

Pack is not a replacement - he’s a player brought in in a position we needed.

Take a breath.
    Where is the ****ing replacement then?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Where is the ****ing replacement then?
    Vassell.

What are we basing this on

Paul Abbandonato

Bobby Reid has gone. Told it's a £10m-plus deal to Fulham. Bad news for @CardiffCityFC in my view, but told he wanted to go as didn't suit Warnock's style of play? Marlon Pack, from @BristolCity , coming in apparently...

and this:
    Chris Wathan

BBC Sport Wales

Cardiff City are still hopeful of a few additions and have shown late interest in Bristol City midfielder Marlon Pack.

Striker Isaac Vassell completed his move from Birmingham before the window closed, while Fulham look to have won the race to sign forward Bobby Reid.

Reid's deal expected to be around £10m.

Why the **** didn't we loan him out? Warnock has been a right sCUNThorpe IF it's true they've had a spat. Reid could have come back in with a new manager next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Why the **** didn't we loan him out? Warnock has been a right sCUNThorpe IF it's true they've had a spat. Reid could have come back in with a new manager next year.
    Fack him he didn't want to be here and fell over at a gust of wind, he didn't suit us anyway and the new manager would want his own players anyway!

Gutted by this.
    Bobby Decordova-Reid came to my son’s academy in Bristol last week (ironically, my son was at Cardiff City Soccer School that day) and we’d left a programme for him to sign, which he kindly did.
    I picked it up last night and then this story came out.
    My son is already upset at the loss of Zohore, now Bobby’s gone and we’re left with a rather workmanlike team, perhaps with the exception of Murphy.
    Crazy times indeed. 🤬

I don't blame Reid for going. Let's face it, Warnock was never going to try and play to his strengths and ability. What we're witnessing is an old man who isn't willing to change. He loses faith in players very quickly, has one style of play which is absolutely useless at a higher level. He gets teams up but brings them straight back down again, but not in a better footballing position. Is that progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Fack him he didn't want to be here and fell over at a gust of wind, he didn't suit us anyway and the new manager would want his own players anyway!
    I don't think that's fair. I'm not sure that Reid is the player some think he is but he does have ability, good movement etc. Why did Warnock bring him in if he didn'r suit us-What was his logic? He doesn't like creative players, he doesn't trust them and looks on them as a luxury while doing nothing in order to compliment them. He loves wingers who can deliver a cross, if that fails then there's little else on offer.

The "doesn't fit our usual style" line winds me up, that is absolutely shit management in spending £10million on him then

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The "doesn't fit our usual style" line winds me up, that is absolutely shit management in spending £10million on him then
    Absolutely. And the same with Tomlin

It is an odd one on many levels (going to a rival, was he given a proper chance at this level) and yet he never really convinced me, probably because I only ever saw him play for us in the Prem.

I have to say that I was quite excited when we signed him, but my enthusiasm for him has diminished as he seemed very light weight, and all too often lost possession.

Maybe a good championship player? Except when he plays against us if course

****ing joke - we;re replacing him with an inferior and non goal scoring Pack (If we're lucky) and we've bought a permanently injured striker(?) who's best days were with Truro in the 7th tier 5 years ago. Absolute dogshit window.
    We have bought others strikers Pack is not a Reid replacement, I'd put Tomlin in there ,we now have a solid brizzies middle vain from centre half through midfield. Yah

Marlon Pack Characteristics
    + Strengths
    Aerial Duels
    Very Strong
    Passing
    Strong
    Concentration
    Strong
    - Weaknesses
    (Player has no significant weaknesses)
    Marlon Pack's Style of Play
    Likes to play long balls
    Plays the ball off the ground often
    Likes to do layoffs
    Does not dive into tackles

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't blame Reid for going. Let's face it, Warnock was never going to try and play to his strengths and ability. What we're witnessing is an old man who isn't willing to change. He loses faith in players very quickly, has one style of play which is absolutely useless at a higher level. He gets teams up but brings them straight back down again, but not in a better footballing position. Is that progress?
    He was unlucky if Sala had not got on that plane, we would have probably been glad we were selling Bobby Reid, because we would have been buying much better in the premier League!

Nothing in Sky or Fulham forums/twitter yet - really hope this falls through then today won't be such a shitter.

Nothing in Sky or Fulham forums/twitter yet - really hope this falls through then today won't be such a shitter.
    Clutching at straws but if he does stay and Pack signs then today would’ve been a success I’d say.