+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The pressures on Norwich

The pressures on Norwich

2-O down already.

Re: The pressures on Norwich

They've played very well, don't deserve to be behind

Losing at Anfield on the opening day doesn't put any kind of pressure on a newly promoted side

3-0

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Losing at Anfield on the opening day doesn't put any kind of pressure on a newly promoted side
    They look exciting going forward and have had chances. However, defending has been terrible and it’s 3-0 after 28 mins.

Could easily be looking at a 6-0 - and Liverpool aren’t out of 2nd gear

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    3-0

Fair enough trying to impose your style on the PL but fecking hell this could be a cricket score by the end of the night

Fair enough trying to impose your style on the PL but fecking hell this could be a cricket score by the end of the night
    If it's a Glamorgan or Ireland score you're talking about then you could be right.

Scoring an own goal 6 minutes in didn't help them in fairness

I'd rather go for it the way they have rather than just sit back and hope for the best

....and its 4

Norwich's heads have gone

4 0 now

I'm glad we're no longer the Premier League punchbag!

Liverpool taking the piss now

Scoring an own goal 6 minutes in didn't help them in fairness

I'd rather go for it the way they have rather than just sit back and hope for the best
    Hobson's choice really, though. "So little minnow, how do you want your arse handed to you?"

Shit division. The result is virtually certain in too many games.

I’m not sure about that now that they are 4-0 down. This could be embarrassing.

I do find it funny how people talk up teams like Norwich this season and Fulham last season, and then they get battered, when we were condemned by nearly everyone before a ball was kicked and made a good fist of staying up.

Call me bitter (go on then....) but I find it quite ironic seeing a promoted team (other than us!) getting battered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I do find it funny how people talk up teams like Norwich this season and Fulham last season, and then they get battered, when we were condemned by nearly everyone before a ball was kicked and made a good fist of staying up.

Call me bitter (go on then....) but I find it quite ironic seeing a promoted team (other than us!) getting battered.
    It’s when they come out with all this stuff about not changing their style and philosophy.

So they end up trying to play exactly the same at Liverpool as they did Rotherham.

Unsurprisingly, it produces different results

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Hobson's choice really, though. "So little minnow, how do you want your arse handed to you?"

Shit division. The result is virtually certain in too many games.
    100%, most clubs can write off their games against the "Big 6"

Knowing that, for me teams might as well go for it and see what happens, with some of the chances Norwich crafted they could easily have scored a couple themselves

That post was true at the time, two goals have gone in since then

Thing is, they’ve created about 4 quality chances, but the only fella that had a go, was 20 yards out.

You can’t walk it in boys, you gotta shoot when you get the chance

What's ironic about it?

As for teams from the Championship being talked up, that happened to Wolves. They did alright as I recall.

To be honest, I haven't heard anyone talking up Norwich. On the contrary, most of season previews I've read have had Norwich in the bottom three.

100%, most clubs can write off their games against the "Big 6"

Knowing that, for me teams might as well go for it and see what happens, with some of the chances Norwich crafted they could easily have scored a couple themselves
    So treat it as a training session for the forwards? I'm not against it- any attempt at resistance is futile after all. But I suspect it's a choice of losing 3-0 or 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    It’s when they come out with all this stuff about not changing their style and philosophy.

So they end up trying to play exactly the same at Liverpool as they did Rotherham.
    Pretty much like Cardiff, then.

So treat it as a training session for the forwards? I'm not against it- any attempt at resistance is futile after all. But I suspect it's a choice of losing 3-0 or 5-2
    At least it gives your fans something to shout about if you at least try to go forward, watching us just sit back, defend and "keep it tight" only for teams to waltz through us was hugely demoralising, why not just give it a go?

At least it gives your fans something to shout about if you at least try to go forward, watching us just sit back, defend and "keep it tight" only for teams to waltz through us was hugely demoralising, why not just give it a go?
    They could ship 8 here. That does count at the end of the season. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Pretty much like Cardiff, then.
    We were worse.
    We had no intention of attacking a top 6 team in some games last season, almost as if we had already written the game off.
    Man City, Utd, Tottenham at home were embarrassing.

They could ship 8 here. That does count at the end of the season. That's why.
    That could count at the end of the season. In fact, it's been more than a decade since a team was relegated from the Premier League on goal difference.