+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The pressures on Norwich

Re: The pressures on Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    ...the fact of the matter is that the TV companies screen the bigger clubs as often as possible because they comfortably draw the biggest audiences..
    Well you've just proved my point. Plenty of scouse "supporters" far and wide providing their audience, along with many on their payroll.

What were you saying about complete idiots?

BTW, I would go with Bournemouth v Sheff Utd

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well you've just proved my point. Plenty of scouse "supporters" far and wide providing their audience, along with many on their payroll.

What were you saying about complete idiots?

BTW, I would go with Bournemouth v Sheff Utd
    Newly promoted side and a fancied team. It’s a no brainier.

Had it been Man City and Sheff Utd they’d have picked that for last night.

I get it’s cool to hate scousers, much of it is funny as well, but you’re clutching here.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    100%, most clubs can write off their games against the "Big 6"
    I hate that attitude though as it’s what normalises the shit decisions given to the top 6 and it doesn’t get the fans even hoping for something.

The top 6 can be beaten in a blue moon but the media changes that mentality for not only the fans but the opponent

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What's ironic about it?

As for teams from the Championship being talked up, that happened to Wolves. They did alright as I recall.

To be honest, I haven't heard anyone talking up Norwich. On the contrary, most of season previews I've read have had Norwich in the bottom three.
    Maybe you missed the game last night as the pundits certainly were.

That post was true at the time, two goals have gone in since then
    So probably posted in too much haste considering that they were 2-0 after only 19 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were plucky though.
    Exactly

We would have won the Champions League if it had been (rightly) measured on pluckiness quotient.

They've played very well, don't deserve to be behind

Losing at Anfield on the opening day doesn't put any kind of pressure on a newly promoted side
    Played very well? They've looked OK at times and moved the ball a bit. But played well is a stretch. Played well for a team that doesn't belong in the EPL maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    2-O down already.
    This reminds me of the classic days on CCMB.

Up there with "another career ruined by Dave Jones"

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I agree. They have planned ahead - for relegation. If the last 18 months have taught us anything, it is that thinking a squad is good enough for the Premier League because it does well in the Championship is folly. No doubt Fulham thought the same. Norwich have got 8 new players, 5 on contract and 3 loans. Two of the contracted ones are under 19 and have already been shipped back out on loan to lower league clubs. Spending £1.1m on 3 players is ridiculous. They were embarassed yesterday defensively and it could easily have been 7-1. Well done for 'talking to one of their players' by the way - what would you expect him to say - ' we are shit and are going to be down by Christmas' !!
    Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sky have Friday night football.

If the game only game tonight was Newcastle Brighton they’d have shown that..

....bit of a Whoosh there..they choose the game they want to show and move it to the Friday night..in that order

Their approach so far appears to be that they’re going to play on the front foot which is in stark contrast to us last season. They’re entertaining to watch, will probably concede a ton of goals but look like they’re going to score a few as well. Where as the armchair viewer may have avoided our games last season the Norwich games this season could be really good to watch

What id give to have an approach like Norwich. Their football is miles ahead of what we have been served up

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I agree. They have planned ahead - for relegation. If the last 18 months have taught us anything, it is that thinking a squad is good enough for the Premier League because it does well in the Championship is folly. No doubt Fulham thought the same. Norwich have got 8 new players, 5 on contract and 3 loans. Two of the contracted ones are under 19 and have already been shipped back out on loan to lower league clubs. Spending £1.1m on 3 players is ridiculous. They were embarassed yesterday defensively and it could easily have been 7-1. Well done for 'talking to one of their players' by the way - what would you expect him to say - ' we are shit and are going to be down by Christmas' !!
    If you can be bothered to listen you will see massive differences on they were prepared and how we were 'prepared'.

I'm sure you'll end up thinking we were better equipped though!

https://youtu.be/eCleZxHgcEw

https://youtu.be/jw5WL5AMDq0

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If you can be bothered to listen you will see massive differences on they were prepared and how we were 'prepared'.

I'm sure you'll end up thinking we were better equipped though!

https://youtu.be/eCleZxHgcEw

https://youtu.be/jw5WL5AMDq0
    "They were embarassed yesterday defensively"

Is dml implying we weren't embarrassed defensively by Liverpool, United, Spurs etc?

They looked good today. They already have 3 points and a win under their belt. And they just gave Chelsea a good game. I'd think I'd be feeling pretty good if I was a Norwich fan.

Relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Relegated.
    21 points too which is pretty woeful. Did we get 35 last year and generally get panned all year

Down with a wimper, planned for relegation and that's what they got. I'm assuming their fans aren't happy at not even having any sort of go at it.

The difference between them and sheff United who did spend a bit is just amazing.

Once Pukki stopped scoring, Norwich had very little goal threat and their record with nine points to play for marks them down as one of the weakest Premier League teams of recent years. When I think back to their title win last season, it's home games where they were a goal down with very little time left that were turned into wins with scores like 3-2 and 4-3 which come to mind - that's not really the way sides that survive in the Premier League after a promotion are set up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Once Pukki stopped scoring, Norwich had very little goal threat and their record with nine points to play for marks them down as one of the weakest Premier League teams of recent years. When I think back to their title win last season, it's home games where they were a goal down with very little time left that were turned into wins with scores like 3-2 and 4-3 which come to mind - that's not really the way sides that survive in the Premier League after a promotion are set up.
    They have some real attacking talent, but without the solid foundation of a well drilled defence they were just too easy to pick off.

Players like Emi Buendia will definitely be sought after, probably by some of the biggest clubs in the premier league