+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jeffery Epstein Dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jeffery Epstein Dead

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was under the impression he hadn't been found guilty of anything yet.
    Not seen the word 'allegedly' anywhere.
    another case of you not being able to read threads and just jumping to your own narrative. are you a wind up?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    another case of you not being able to read threads and just jumping to your own narrative. are you a wind up?
    I must admit I do like a wind up but not in this.
    As for not reading the thread I have and there is nothing in it that says this man had been convicted of anything.
    It reminds me of another case which was investigated by the Metropolitan Police at a cost of c£2 million, in which a number of high profile public figured were vilified in the press and the accuser supported by at least one leading politician, which has just resulted in the "Victim" being sent to jail for a very long time.
    Just saying. Whatever we believe, innocent until 'proven' guilty.
    Goodnight!

I must admit I do like a wind up but not in this.
    As for not reading the thread I have and there is nothing in it that says this man had been convicted of anything.
    It reminds me of another case which was investigated by the Metropolitan Police at a cost of c£2 million, in which a number of high profile public figured were vilified in the press and the accuser supported by at least one leading politician, which has just resulted in the "Victim" being sent to jail for a very long time.
    Just saying. Whatever we believe, innocent until 'proven' guilty.
    Goodnight!

It's not the first time he's been convicted. In general I'd agree that we can't make a presumption of guilt, but the circumstances of this are so well known and undisputed , ( are you not aware of this ? ), that it's well beyond question.

I never hear of these people until they hit the headlines

International

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's not the first time he's been convicted. In general I'd agree that we can't make a presumption of guilt, but the circumstances of this are so well known and undisputed , ( are you not aware of this ? ), that it's well beyond question.
    No I wasn't aware of it or I wouldn't have said it. There was no mention of conviction in the thread that I could see.
    If has been found guilty fair enough.

No I wasn't aware of it or I wouldn't have said it. There was no mention of conviction in the thread that I could see.
    If has been found guilty fair enough.

In short he was caught running a paedophile and prostitution ring for the mega rich and famous a few years back. At that time he was very controversially allowed to make a plea bargain together with massive pay outs to victims and got away with a very low sentence.
    That let a lot of people off the hook, but left a scandal haunting them of course.
    More recently there've been new allegations and it's been made clear that this time there are no deals. Consequently a lot of people in high places have been expecting him to implicate them in exchange for a deal.
    It's a story which has been running for years in the States and I don't think anyone disputes his guilt plus he's been convicted once but gotten away without a serious sentence and that's a controversy in itself.