+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which one do you do

Which one do you do

Four top biases
    Four common ways our brains trick us into making false assumptions

1. Stereotyping: oversimplified and misleading beliefs about the habits or characteristics of a certain group of people. ‘Only males play video games’ is a commonly encountered stereotype, but in fact nearly half of video gamers are women.

2. Confirmation bias: favouring information that confirms preconceived beliefs. If someone believes that left-handed people are more creative, for example, every creative left-hander they encounter is proof, whereas they are likely to regard creative right-handers as exceptions that can be ignored.

3. Halo effect: using a single physical or personality trait to form an overall judgment of that individual. So an attractive or well-dressed person is more likely to be perceived as honest, hardworking and trustworthy than someone less attractive or untidily dressed.

4. Like me effect: the tendency to favour people who are most like us. So when recruiting we may prefer candidates with similar — rather than different — backgrounds, interests or education to our own.

Re: Which one do you do

The only thing about that is that they're also basic survival instincts in human beings.

I'm susceptible to the 'how much are you going to pay to me' bias. I think I'd be a good fit for a job in the liberal media

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm susceptible to the 'how much are you going to pay to me' bias. I think I'd be a good fit for a job in the liberal media
    A perfect fit, and of course they have the satisfaction of knowing they are always right.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A perfect fit, and of course they have the satisfaction of knowing they are always right.
    This is the sort of "balance" that keeps me coming back to read your posts. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is the sort of "balance" that keeps me coming back to read your posts. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, I am very pleased , and chuckle gleefully to myself that I can drag in your attention ,like a helpless fish nibbling at the bait .

Keep it up

Heisenberg

Thanks, I am very pleased , and chuckle gleefully to myself that I can drag in your attention ,like a helpless fish nibbling at the bait .

Keep it up
    Blah blah, something about faceless keyboard warriors, nasty left blah blah

Blah blah, something about faceless keyboard warriors, nasty left blah blah
    Looks like the booze is flowing into ones dancing fingers.

Be happy.

Heisenberg

Looks like the booze is flowing into ones dancing fingers.

Be happy.
    The nasty right are at it again with their abuse, I see.

The nasty right are at it again with their abuse, I see.
    Do you mean were right, or right of left, or lite right,or Tory lite , or centralist off right of left , democratic right of left .

Up the revolution, isn't it going well .