+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bury situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bury situation

It is going tits up at Macc Town too. The owner is also a deluded twat akin to the bloke at Bury. PLayers have taken the club to the point of a widning up hearing to get wages that are owed and yesterday the manager, Sol Campbell, walked out over money issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    It is going tits up at Macc Town too. The owner is also a deluded twat akin to the bloke at Bury. PLayers have taken the club to the point of a widning up hearing to get wages that are owed and yesterday the manager, Sol Campbell, walked out over money issues.
    Was he a good manager ? Comes across as slightly deluded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Was he a good manager ? Comes across as slightly deluded to me.
    It was hard to tell. He inherited a shite team, brought in a couple of average players and was saved by the fact that Durrell came back from injury with a few games left. Durrell was instrumental in Macc getting some points from games. What saved Macc really was the fact that the other teams in the relegation fight were worse than them - not necessarily Macc were better than them if that makes sense. This season Sol has put together a team he has chosen and in fairness they looked good on Saturday beating Leyton Orient 3-0 and beat Blackpool in the cup on Tuesday on penalties. But it is probably too soon to judge if he was a good manager. I didn't like him personally and his attitude to fans stunk. Ignoring requests for autographs/selfies with young kids.