+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Re: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

A pint of the new Brains lager for me please. Should be launched soon.

Ive always liked him but i still think he needs to be more of a nuisance. Hopefully the goals will help his confidence.

Camden Hells please driver.

A pint of Moonshine please.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A pint of Moonshine please.
    I did have a bottle of poteen,lovelly it was

I should close this thread, save Bluebird909

but might aswell get in on the act

Last free pint i have from here was from day a, when we purchased Kurt nogan, i must be due another

last pint in a pub i had was estrella

Anyone else thirsty?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Anyone else thirsty?

Anyone else thirsty?
    suddenly, strangely...

Anyone else thirsty?
    Think I could manage a celebratory lager

Shit i forgot to get my pint in - is it too late?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Four shots? And therein lies the problem - our strikers can’t get that many shots because they’re too busy trying to hold the ball up, waiting for support.
    That certainly was the case tonight. Long ball to Glatzel and all he had was a solitary City player hugging the touch line.
    Blackburn, by comparison, broke forward and most times had at least 4 runners moving into space.
    I think our system is shot.
    Tomlin should start and be the central player

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    That certainly was the case tonight. Long ball to Glatzel and all he had was a solitary City player hugging the touch line.
    Blackburn, by comparison, broke forward and most times had at least 4 runners moving into space.
    According to Neil Harris Tomlin won't last 45 minutes! He's probably more useful as a sub.

According to Neil Harris Tomlin won't last 45 minutes! He's probably more useful as a sub.
    He wasn't tonight, but Blackburn grew so much into the game and controlled it so well that Messi could have been there and done nothing.

If he lasts 40 that's better than the 15/20 he gets now tbh. Let's at least maximise the time he can play and use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He wasn't tonight, but Blackburn grew so much into the game and controlled it so well that Messi could have been there and done nothing.
    Blame the manager for sticking with players that were at 30%

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    yes glatzel was very isolated, he did well on a number of occasions but we had no other players within 30 yards of him.
    we really aren't using him to his strengths. it is like Cornelius all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes glatzel was very isolated, he did well on a number of occasions but we had no other players within 30 yards of him.
    we really aren't using him to his strengths. it is like Cornelius all over again
    I thought we undermined Cornelius's confidence by putting the warm up nets on the goal line rather than in the corner of the Canton Stand

It's the way Harris likes to play by the looks of things, Midfield players are supporting more than they did under Warnock and it does look a lot better in my opinion, the problem is that there doesn't seem to be much fluidity to our forward play at times, midfielders taking the odd touch to many and slowing the attack, it's still about getting the ball wide more than anything, although we are much better at keeping the ball now. Under Warnock, Blackburn wouldn't have scored that winner, as Bacuna wouldn't have been looking to play the ball inside and start again, it would've gone 50 yards. I prefer that we are trying to play a bit, mistakes will happen when things are changed and players are tired.

As for Glatzel, big improvement, looking more aggressive and showing some urgency, he has good feet as well. My main gripe with him is that he doesn't seem to know when to just hold the ball up, stand still and use his strength to either wait for support or draw a foul. Every time he receives the ball he turns with it or looks inside, sometimes he loses the ball unnecessarily as he doesn't have the pace once he's turned the defender to take it past them.

He was shit mate. The bandit thief said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's the way Harris likes to play by the looks of things, Midfield players are supporting more than they did under Warnock and it does look a lot better in my opinion, the problem is that there doesn't seem to be much fluidity to our forward play at times, midfielders taking the odd touch to many and slowing the attack, it's still about getting the ball wide more than anything, although we are much better at keeping the ball now. Under Warnock, Blackburn wouldn't have scored that winner, as Bacuna wouldn't have been looking to play the ball inside and start again, it would've gone 50 yards. I prefer that we are trying to play a bit, mistakes will happen when things are changed and players are tired.

As for Glatzel, big improvement, looking more aggressive and showing some urgency, he has good feet as well. My main gripe with him is that he doesn't seem to know when to just hold the ball up, stand still and use his strength to either wait for support or draw a foul. Every time he receives the ball he turns with it or looks inside, sometimes he loses the ball unnecessarily as he doesn't have the pace once he's turned the defender to take it past them.
    Agree with that.

Thank you Robert, and goodbye

Ps, he didn't score 10

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If anyone bites to this obvious troll bait you’re ****ing thick as shit.

Just don’t.
    Meanwhile seven pages later.