Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
No you can't. I'm loving it because I know it'll work better than anyone here seems to think and I can see our boys growing in stature as the defects appear in the naive football of Fulham and Leeds.
Also, if Cardiff City start playing on pogo sticks I'll still back them up, so I'll admit that I'm biased, which I'd hope others would be too.

In fairness, I probably look at football and no doubt many other things in a very different way to most people here. I'm all about strategy and using whatever resources are available to achieve seemingly difficult or impossible results , and it's something I've been doing successfully for a very long time. That's why I appreciate the genius of Sir Neil and his northern buffoon disguise, taking the eye of the opponent off what he's up to with apparent little follies and irrelevances whilst quietly pursuing his aims in a very serious way.

He's got the mind of a very effective general or a chess master, and if anyone fails to notice that then his diversion tactics are working very well .

I'll make another very frank admission in fairness to you. I don't really give a **** about football in general. I currently live close to several premiership teams and at one time I had a flat within maybe 200 yards of Barcelona's stadium, but I never watched them. I'm only interested in football as a medium in which Cardiff City operate. It's the particular battleground they're on, and the beautiful art of it is to master that ground in the face of superior forces.
In short, I'd rather see them win than see tricks or exhibitions of skill, and I admire hard work , application and winning strategy far more than I do the "art of the game ".

Now, that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate pretty football as long as it's being done by someone else, but it's for entertainment purposes only and I don't have a stake in it. To paraphrase Bill Shankly , Cardiff City is MUCH more important than that.

I remember the old Colliers who worked like dogs to pay for my education and who kept faith through all the crap with the impossible dream that their kids could compete with the best in the world and that one day Cardiff City would be back playing the top teams and besting them.
How do you evaluate or describe the cumulative hopes and dreams of those men and their hard lives ? Don't think you can, but you can feel it in the air sometimes when we win and vindicate their grim determination and hope.
I digress, because that goes further than football, but again, yes, I love the way we're playing because we're starting to get it right again and we're getting ready to punch above our weight some more , smashing irritatingly on the door of the rich teams with our
" 19th century football " and using what we've got rather than what we might want to have to write our names on the sands of time.
Have I seen you performing in the Glee club before?