+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing out from the back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Playing out from the back

There's no rule where you have to do one thing or the other. Mix it up a bit.

Here's footage of the boys being trained by the other Bob Wilson and Pedro at Porthcawl to pass it round their penalty area when they take over from Neil Warnock

Here is a good example of playing out from the back from last night's CL game at Benfica. The move starts with a throw-in near the left corner flag at 82:50, then the ball is played across the box and out to the right touchline. The right fullback then starts an attack which results in a clinical move that ends in a goal.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here is a good example of playing out from the back from last night's CL game at Benfica. The move starts with a throw-in near the left corner flag at 82:50, then the ball is played across the box and out to the right touchline. The right fullback then starts an attack which results in a clinical move that ends in a goal.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/2/
    Here is a better link. I counted 13 touches before it was in the opposition net.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/4/

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh yeah. If they can do it PROPERLY of course you do that , but very very few are
    What nonsense.

Here's footage of the boys being trained by the other Bob Wilson and Pedro at Porthcawl to pass it round their penalty area when they take over from Neil Warnock
    Funnily enough, the warnock boys would keep the ball in the air for about 6 touches. And these are not league one players. They are beach bums having fun on a Tuesday..

The blog has been updated since yesterday actually, and the full system for goalkeeping, playing it out from the back and holding the ball in your own penalty area has been combined with a live kit change into mauve during games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There is no logical reason to pumping the ball up to players with their back to goal and effectively making the chances of possession 50-50 all of the time. Nobody can control the ball on their head, all we are relying on is anticipating second balls. That's just shit.
    Don't bother mate. He hasn't got a clue

Everyone was wanking over Rochdale a couple of weeks ago. And now it's out of fashion already?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember watching Atkinson's Villa a number of times in the 90s and to even consider the football that side played as similar as Warnockball shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, your comment, which I have highlighted, shows that your lack of understanding of the game has attained new heights. If you really think that passing the ball about the back is merely for show, I'd consider following something simpler, like the card game, Snap.

Looking forward to hearing all about what Ron Atkinson did at Peterborough.

Let's play "guess what Ronnie is talking about". My guess is John Beck at Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looking forward to hearing all about what Ron Atkinson did at Peterborough.

Let's play "guess what Ronnie is talking about". My guess is John Beck at Cambridge.
    Come on ronniebird, what did you want to say about Ron Atkinson's stint in charge of Peterborough?

Ron Atkinson is like the Jim Davidson of football managers. Sam Allardyce is Bernard Manning.

Davidson and Manning. Ronnie Bird's favourite comics ???

That's all quite childish isn't it ?
    There's not much point being logical if people either can't grasp it or just want to call people names from behind their keyboards.
    If that's what you like doing, why wait until someone's posted something - just post away with the schoolyard crap and enjoy the fact that you can get away with it .

Anyone remember when Brian Clough was managing Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone remember when Brian Clough was managing Celtic?

An interesting article not just for the balloon ball comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...areer-to-this/

What is Ronnie's hard on over Ron Atkinson about?

The guy hasn't been talked about for about 20 years ffs.

I reckon if you typed Ron Atkinson into google the first 10 links from the search engine would open up threads form ccmb from the last month!

It's heartbreaking to see some of the stuff written here, but not for me, for the sake of those who will self inflict failure upon themselves with their lack of manners and insistence upon opinions which don't stand examination.
    Is that Hamlet? Wales Bales?

It's not Hamlet or WB.
    I can do a bit of Shakespeare if you like, but I didn't think it would go down well here.
    ' Lord what fools these mortals be !'

' Lord what fools these mortals be !'
    There you go 👌👏 And I think Tuerto was generous. Kicking out from the back is more 65/35 than 50/50.

ronnie ruining another thread with his tedious posts.

a great example of the modern game

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

What a load of bollocks. Where's the 50-50 challenges, the misplaced passes and the last gasp tackles to win the ball back for the keeper to launch forward, taking out half a dozen seagulls as it gets close to exiting the earth's atmosphere?

This isn't football. I'd rather watch a schoolyard game of kick and rush.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Love that football is heading in this direction. How can anyone hate watching this

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Love that football is heading in this direction. How can anyone hate watching this
    Apparently, in the 1870s, Scotland bamboozled the English by passing the ball. Before that, football was largely a game where one player would run as far as he could with the ball until he lost it.