+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Worra game, great to see Japan beat them, Paul O'Connell, "its unusual to see Ireland commit so many penalties at the break down", No Paul, it's great to finally see a referee penalise the foul play of Ireland at the break down

Nothing lucky about that result, 100% deserved. I hope Japan go on to win the group whilst stuffing Scotland on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I was wondering that too. Maybe he was happy with a losing bonus point.
    He ****ed up. If they wanted the losing BP they would have kicked it out before taking the last tackle. And when a player kicks the ball out to end the game, they would never boot it so far up field and risk it staying in. They never chase after it either. The lad just played the situation poorly. Nothing about it makes sense. I can only think that he thought that he was aiming to make asuch ground as possible and thought that there was still enough time to compete for a line out.

What a result for the tournament and now what pressure on Scotland in that final group game.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He ****ed up. If they wanted the losing BP they would have kicked it out before taking the last tackle. And when a player kicks the ball out to end the game, they would never boot it so far up field and risk it staying in. They never chase after it either. The lad just played the situation poorly. Nothing about it makes sense. I can only think that he thought that he was aiming to make asuch ground as possible and thought that there was still enough time to compete for a line out.
    According to people talking about the game I was just listening to on the radio, if Ireland get maximum point wins against Russia and Samoa, they'll win the group and, in all likelihood, avoid the All Blacks in the quarter final, but they also said that it was sad to see them thinking in terms of accepting a losing bonus point, rather than looking for the draw.

Mind you, the way the two sides performed in the last hour of the match made another Japanese try more likely if Ireland had tried running from behind their own line - it was no fluke result, the better side won.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to people talking about the game I was just listening to on the radio, if Ireland get maximum point wins against Russia and Samoa, they'll win the group and, in all likelihood, avoid the All Blacks in the quarter final, but they also said that it was sad to see them thinking in terms of accepting a losing bonus point, rather than looking for the draw.

Mind you, the way the two sides performed in the last hour of the match made another Japanese try more likely if Ireland had tried running from behind their own line - it was no fluke result, the better side won.
    Bob, it was not intentional. Have you ever seen a player trying to gain territory on a deliberate kick to end a game before? Or chase after it?? I agree the intention arguably should have been to take the point, but there is no way that carbery was thinking that when he kicked. I only saw the second half but Japan were terrific.

I thought he kicked it downfield for runners to chase after but didn't kick it straight enough.
    If he wanted to kick it out just to accept the losing bonus point he could have turned around and tapped it over the dead ball line.

Better team won, they’re superb.
    No complaints from this Cardiff Irishman 🇯🇵🇮🇪

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Better team won, they’re superb.
    No complaints from this Cardiff Irishman 🇯🇵🇮🇪
    Very true. No complaints

Was cursing and screaming earlier - but on to Hull 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought he kicked it downfield for runners to chase after but didn't kick it straight enough.
    If he wanted to kick it out just to accept the losing bonus point he could have turned around and tapped it over the dead ball line.
    Yes, that last point you make would be the logical way of going about it - although Japan would have surely just booted the ball out if he had missed touch, there is a chance they might have run it back at Ireland with the result that they lost their bonus point.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I can’t see Ireland topping the group now. Japan are good enough to beat Samoa and Scotland. They were fantastic at the breakdown. Ireland were very lucky to pick up a losing bonus point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can’t see Ireland topping the group now. Japan are good enough to beat Samoa and Scotland. They were fantastic at the breakdown. Ireland were very lucky to pick up a losing bonus point.
    I’d be more worried about whether they beat Samoa or not. It’s not inconceivable that Ireland and Scotland go out at group stage

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’d be more worried about whether they beat Samoa or not. It’s not inconceivable that Ireland and Scotland go out at group stage
    Yep Samoa v Scotland will be very interesting. If Samoa best the Scots The Ireland v Samoa game becomes crucial.

Stepping back - I'm not that bothered about the result today. I think South Africa would have done us in the quarter finals. They are for me, the best team in the tournament.

Ireland will be so much more up for NZ. But again disagree that Japan will beat Scotland - so that losing bonus point probably means Ireland will win the group and play RSA.

Think you boys will do very well. Semi final against the winner of Wales v Australia to look forward to. England with Farell at 12 are so dangerous.

First Team

What a hugely enjoyable game.
    Then again that stadium owed me a good game.
    I thought I was neutral but found myself rooting for Japan as it went on.
    I still think the Irish will be ok though but the Scots must be concerned as they are now very vulnerable in that group after the hammering fro Ireland and the nature of their performance.

Some interesting match ups tomorrow :wink

Re: Rugby thread. If you don’t like the game, no need to click on

Italy must be favourites to win World Cup now
    P 2 W 0. D 0 L 0. Pts Diff +66 B 2 Pts 10 Amazing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49864374

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Italy must be favourites to win World Cup now
    P 2 W 0. D 0 L 0. Pts Diff +66 B 2 Pts 10 Amazing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49864374
    It's an excellent start

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Stepping back - I'm not that bothered about the result today. I think South Africa would have done us in the quarter finals. They are for me, the best team in the tournament.

Ireland will be so much more up for NZ. But again disagree that Japan will beat Scotland - so that losing bonus point probably means Ireland will win the group and play RSA.

Think you boys will do very well. Semi final against the winner of Wales v Australia to look forward to. England with Farell at 12 are so dangerous.
    Eh? I am a passionate Welsh supporter. I couldn’t care less about England.

Brilliant by Japan. Hot humid conditions & superb Japanese conditioning must have helped. Won a few € on that result.

Eh? I am a passionate Welsh supporter. I couldn’t care less about England.
    My bad - thought as you supported reading you were English. I apologise profusely of course my dude

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    My bad - thought as you supported reading you were English. I apologise profusely of course my dude
    He supports Reading and Wales...and I thought my life was bad!

Only joking Pearcey!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Only joking Pearcey!!
    I was not very happy at 4.49pm this afternoon. Finally we scored. It’s hard work supporting Reading and Wales. Half looking forward/dreading tomorrow morning’s game.

I was not very happy at 4.49pm this afternoon. Finally we scored. It’s hard work supporting Reading and Wales. Half looking forward/dreading tomorrow morning’s game.
    Likewise.
    I went to the Autumn international and was bored to tears watching us win. I’d give anything for the same tomorrow!

Only joking Pearcey!!
    Imagine supporting Cardiff and Ireland. If it werent for that James McClean goal id have died of long ball football by now. Least you have Rambo and bale

Likewise.
    I went to the Autumn international and was bored to tears watching us win. I’d give anything for the same tomorrow!
    You will beat Australia handily. Halfpenny will be the difference