+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What leave voters voted for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A very strange argument to make - this and that weren't on the ballot paper, but my one was what people really wanted.

The simple truth, which you can't escape, is that the things I mentioned (and more) were used as arguments for Leave, while no deal was not.
    What people really wanted at the time was out with no deal, most ordinary people are not particularly interested in politics and what some politician they may or may not have heard of saying something on some late night politics show, they just wanted out.

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    What people really wanted at the time was out with no deal, most ordinary people are not particularly interested in politics and what some politician they may or may not have heard of saying something on some late night politics show, they just wanted out.
    Absolute rubbish, I'm afraid.

"some politician they may or may not have heard of" - like I said, it was the leave campaigns from Nigel downwards.

"What people really wanted at the time was out with no deal" - no, the discussions were about soft or hard brexit (hard being a deal but outside of the single market).

Historic Google searches show that 'no deal' was not part of the discussion.