+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What leave voters voted for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I voted to remain .
    If we do get another vote
    ( which I don't think is right ) I'd vote to leave, I personally have grown to dislike the way the European parliament works , decides its policy , elects its commission, never mind the waste of money , and fat cat pension burden, to the taxpayer.

Foe me there is way too many levels of bureaucracy in today's life , being Welsh its bewildered with the Assembly, local councillors, UK Parliament and Europe Commission .

Madness and costly.
    What bits of the way that the European Parliament works do you particularly dislike?

I wasn't aware that it determined EU policy, rather had oversight and some ratification of legislation. Similarly it was the Council of Ministers (Member States) that adopted Commissioners with the Parliament having the power to make a positive or negative evaluation of each Commissioner's competence.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What bits of the way that the European Parliament works do you particularly dislike?

I wasn't aware that it determined EU policy, rather had oversight and some ratification of legislation. Similarly it was the Council of Ministers (Member States) that adopted Commissioners with the Parliament having the power to make a positive or negative evaluation of each Commissioner's competence.
    Well there is a long list of dislikes some highlights :

Article 17 to represent the EU in trade negotiations; to make rules and regulations, for example in competition policy

Free movement

Not able to determine our laws

Control of our borders ,free movement linked to trade

Fishing and agriculture policy .

€9.75bn EU staff pension and our liabilities.

Lacks of a standard minimum wage across members sates to stop folk having to leave their countries and homes

Lacks of wealth share to the poorer nations ,the Euro value between some is stark .

It's almost federal state like approach .

Lack of real democratic elections of commissioners or presidents its like some old boys club , they are not elected by voters ( ie real people ) their nomination come member state ?? in consultation with the Commission President ?? , then subject to hearings on their suitability ?? so their actual competency and responsibility is never exposed to the public is it , its like the bad bankers and CEO appointments , that old Labour hates .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well there is a long list of dislikes some highlights :

Article 17 to represent the EU in trade negotiations; to make rules and regulations, for example in competition policy

Free movement

Not able to determine our laws

Control of our borders ,free movement linked to trade

Fishing and agriculture policy .

€9.75bn EU staff pension and our liabilities.

Lacks of a standard minimum wage across members sates to stop folk having to leave their countries and homes

Lacks of wealth share to the poorer nations ,the Euro value between some is stark .

It's almost federal state like approach .

Lack of real democratic elections of commissioners or presidents its like some old boys club , they are not elected by voters ( ie real people ) their nomination come member state ?? in consultation with the Commission President ?? , then subject to hearings on their suitability ?? so their actual competency and responsibility is never exposed to the public is it , its like the bad bankers and CEO appointments , that old Labour hates .
    Your dislike of the European Parliament seems to have expanded to the European Union and all its institutions.

As someone commented earlier, given the length of this confusing list (heaven only knows what free movement linked to trade and the Euro value between some is stark means) how you ever decided to Vote Remain in ignorance or despite all of these objections is one of life's great mysteries!