I think there are a lot of people who believe we have long needed someone at the club, other than Neil Warnock, who actually knows something about football. I'm not going to knock our manager, as I tend to believe that to a certain extent, he's working with his hands tied behind his back. But off the pitch, we still seem to be operating like a lower-division side. We have a board of 'money men', and we have a manager. That's it. There's no 'football' bridge between the two (no matter how well they claim to get on), and we desperately need someone to oversee progress and development long-term. Someone apart from Mr Warnock, who seems to be in charge of everything.
There's a poll elsewhere on these pages, asking fans to how long Warnock should stay. Now, whether he stays or goes, whoever comes in is going to have to start all over again. New team, new backroom staff, new methods, new tactics. Is this a good way to run a club? The club should be looking at what Brighton are doing, and seeking to emulate it. Yes, it costs money, but it will reap the rewards in the long term.