+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is how Cardiff City should be run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This is how Cardiff City should be run

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's perfectly possible that City have supporters that first saw us play when they were less than ten years old and are now taking their children to matches who have never seen us play at a lower level than the Championship though Pearcey - things have moved on an awful lot since the nineties and the way football is now, you need to be constantly progressing to maintain your position. Neil Warnock and the money men deserve so much credit for getting us a promotion against all odds in 17/18, but in the eighteen months since then, we've just drifted in my opinion and this means that, in effect, we've gone backwards. There was no disgrace in being relegated last season, but we played like we did not believe we could stay up for the first couple of months of the season and that's what cost us.

It's as if those in charge on the playing side are happy to see us as "plucky little Cardiff City" when we've earned the right to be more than that. This is the time when plans should be put in place for the club to go forward, be ambitious and do what they can to ensure those younger supporters don't have to see lower league football for the first time, because if we keep on pottering about in mid table playing boring football, we are going to sell an awful lot less season tickets come the spring and our parachute payments will soon run out.

Where your club differs from ours is that you actually have an Academy which produces first team footballers - we stopped doing that almost a decade ago and our lack of any discernible plan or philosophy is not just about our chances of getting back in the Premier League being affected, it's about us not being in a position to cope better if we have to go back to being a mid to lower end Championship side where money is tight and there's a realistic chance of going back where we were twenty odd years ago.
    I'd put it more like this ; A couple of months ago we were a Premier League club in a new stadium, a 'vibrant' capital city, averaging 31,000 fans. And we have an academy, and transfer policy of a 4th tier club. We have a thin veneer of success with little of substance beneath...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s not meant that way. I have always followed Cardiff admittedly from a distance and remember some very dark days for the club especially in the 90’s when the club really had no money and were playing in the old fourth division. By comparison the club is in a much better place these days.
    I find this sort of thing astonishing. What possible relevance does what happened in the 1990's have to how the football club is today? You might as well quote the 1920's. It makes about as much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I find this sort of thing astonishing. What possible relevance does what happened in the 1990's have to how the football club is today? You might as well quote the 1920's. It makes about as much sense.
    To provide a sense of perspective. Things could be a lot worse than they are right now. They have been in my lifetime. They improved during the turn of the century and the club have been on an upward path since. The club had gone down a bit following relegation but nothing too severe.

To provide a sense of perspective. Things could be a lot worse than they are right now. They have been in my lifetime. They improved during the turn of the century and the club have been on an upward path since. The club had gone down a bit following relegation but nothing too severe.
    To put things in perspective, the club was very well-established in the Championship, in a brand new stadium and averaging crowds of 20,000+ when it's current billionaire owner took control. The Nineties were a total irrelevance then and they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    You always seem to come on here and tell Cardiff fans what they should and shouldn’t be happy with, it’s so patronising.
    When are Cardiff fans ever happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    When are Cardiff fans ever happy?
    I just don’t think it’s that bad right now. It’s been a lot worse for Cardiff over many years than it is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The title of the thread is still consistent with what I've said muppet
    You want us run like that and your evidence that it would create value for money is one transfer window and a handful of games.

You should stop being so personal when people disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You want us run like that and your evidence that it would create value for money is one transfer window and a handful of games.

You should stop being so personal when people disagree with you.
    Give over mate, you were attributing to me stuff I never even said. I explained what I was saying yet you still fired the same nonsense back at me. Don't pretend to be the victim

Fecking unbelievable to read people moaning about Warnock and Cardiff city in general after the shite we have had to endure for generations

We are now an established championship side and with a couple of wins will be right back in the mix

It would be funny if the posters were joking

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking unbelievable to read people moaning about Warnock and Cardiff city in general after the shite we have had to endure for generations

We are now an established championship side and with a couple of wins will be right back in the mix

It would be funny if the posters were joking
    Why can't people be happy that the club have come a long way while also pointing out the club don't seem to have a long term plan?

Our academy isn't producing any players and we've got at best a hit and miss approach to transfers. Are we not allowed to talk about this because we were really shit 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why can't people be happy that the club have come a long way while also pointing out the club don't seem to have a long term plan?

Our academy isn't producing any players and we've got at best a hit and miss approach to transfers. Are we not allowed to talk about this because we were really shit 20 years ago?
    How the feck do we know what sort of plan the club has ?

It wasn't that long ago we shelled out money big time on a striker who probably would have kept us up but he sadly died in terrible circumstances

Now it's ten games in and turned into have a go at Warnock and the club time

Cardiff fans are a breed apart

It wasn't that long ago we shelled out money big time on a striker who probably would have kept us up but he sadly died in terrible circumstances

I don't think anyone is having a go, just saying it would be good if the club had a clear path to the first team for youth team players and didn't buy players like tomlin, cunningham etc who don't fit into the side.

I like Warnock and happy that he's still here. That doesn't mean I think the club are getting everything 100% right. And just because people are talking about areas the club could improve doesn't mean they think the club are 100% wrong.

Ah, the old, you used to be shit so you should be grateful regardless bollocks. What a load of codswallop.

You only have to look at the manager, the academy, the suits that all happy clap in public etc to see the club has **** all plan.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ah, the old, you used to be shit so you should be grateful regardless bollocks. What a load of codswallop.
    Would be funny if he was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Give over mate, you were attributing to me stuff I never even said. I explained what I was saying yet you still fired the same nonsense back at me. Don't pretend to be the victim
    I'm not a victim, it just can't be good for you to be so aggressive. Got to think about your heart.

Reality is you have no proof any of what they have done will work. Before Leicester won the league nobody thought that kind of football could ever win anything again. Sometimes you have to be opportunistic in sport and play to your own strengths at that point in time.

When Cardiff got relegated last season Dalman said the club should have begun to plan for the Premier League much earlier than they did. Given the potential rewards on offer for maintaining Premier League status this admission was a poor reflection on him and those running the club.

But we’re told there’s still no need for a Technical Director / Director of Football or anyone at board level who knows what they’re doing regarding football decisions. Then there’s the manager who’s looking to retire in 7 months. So we’ll go forward with VT in Malaysia, Dalman in Monaco and Ken sparing us what time he has when not running H R Owen. Sadly our potential will never be realised if we carry on like this.

Well it looks like we have sacked Jose Gomes so will be on our seventh manager inside five years. Be careful what you wish for.

Well it looks like we have sacked Jose Gomes so will be on our seventh manager inside five years. Be careful what you wish for.
    Yeah, let’s not wish for our club to move into the 21st century just because Reading are on their 7th manager in 5 years.

And let’s not forget, we were really shit 20 years ago.

So any Millenials don’t you dare have any ambition for your football club because we are not really a Championship established club. A club that’s has either been in the Premier League, or challenging for promotion to there for the best part of the last decade. We were really shit before you were born and that’s the way we should always be remembered.

And just so you don’t forget. We were really shit 20 years ago.

20 years ago.

Really shit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, let’s not wish for our club to move into the 21st century just because Reading are on their 7th manager in 5 years.

And let’s not forget, we were really shit 20 years ago.

So any Millenials don’t you dare have any ambition for your football club because we are not really a Championship established club. A club that’s has either been in the Premier League, or challenging for promotion to there for the best part of the last decade. We were really shit before you were born and that’s the way we should always be remembered.

And just so you don’t forget. We were really shit 20 years ago.

20 years ago.

Really shit.
    What a nonsense post. Reading are just as established in the Championship as Cardiff and have spent three seasons in the top flight. So what? There are no guarantees. For every Leicester there is a Stoke, or a Portsmouth, Sunderland or
    Middlesbrough. All teams who have spent a lot longer at a higher level than Cardiff but are doing considerably worse than Cardiff right now. That’s how it is.

What a nonsense post. Reading are just as established in the Championship as Cardiff and have spent three seasons in the top flight. So what? There are no guarantees. For every Leicester there is a Stoke, or a Portsmouth, Sunderland or
    Middlesbrough. All teams who have spent a lot longer at a higher level than Cardiff but are doing considerably worse than Cardiff right now. That’s how it is.
    Every club you mentioned besides Cardiff has managed to not get relegated from the Premier League at least once.

But the point people are making is if there is a good progressive system in place you shouldn't end up like a pompey or a sunderland, because they were being ran like joke shops.

Who mentioned anything about guarantees? By your logic people shouldnt want us to try and better ourselves as a football club because some clubs have had a worse time of it, and because we used to be shit 20+ years ago.

And ill tell you whats nonsense. You banging on about where Cardiff were as a club in the 90's and how you remember them times blah,blah,blah.

Totally and utterly irrelevant in the year 2019. A total nonsense.

That's illogical. Fans aren't asking for anything radical, just a bit of a philosophy, maybe some method, the odd youngster to progress and a little bit of success in the transfer market. I'd hope that the club are thinking the same way. By your reckoning, nothing would get done as it could get worse. That's ridiculous.

Indeed

If a play off place is out of our reach , so be it