+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley sack manager Daniel Stendel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Barnsley sack manager Daniel Stendel

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We are Capital of Wales, we do not employ Welshman especially ones with years of Premier League experience!
    When was the last time he did a good job?

Shite at Stoke, shite at Southampton, Shite at QPR. Always goes on about never being relegated even though he's just been sacked months before his team get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Shite at Stoke, shite at Southampton, Shite at QPR. Always goes on about never being relegated even though he's just been sacked months before his team get relegated
    I can't say that I was too impressed with him in the Welsh job, either. We had a good few months where we managed a few decent friendly results, beat Italy and spent the rest of the qualification campaign playing poorly. When we needed an equaliser against Russia and he put Earnshaw on the wing I knew the game had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

3 consecutive years finishing top 10 in the premier league? His final season at Stoke was woeful but arguably their best, premier league era, manager.