+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

I just noticed that Stenhousemuir (whose ground I once visited) are playing Waterford in the 'Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup' tonight.

Apart from the Milk Cup and the Johnson's Paint Trophy what other ridiculously-named competitions have there been?

For my part, many moons ago I scored a goal in the final of 'The Daisy Hutchins Cup' here in Somerset.

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

Coca Cola Cup AKA Joker Cola Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just noticed that Stenhousemuir (whose ground I once visited) are playing Waterford in the 'Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup' tonight.

Apart from the Milk Cup and the Johnson's Paint Trophy what other ridiculously-named competitions have there been?

For my part, many moons ago I scored a goal in the final of 'The Daisy Hutchins Cup' here in Somerset.
    That's not ridiculous, Tunnocks Tea Cakes are lovely-Whole packet job!

Carling cup was shit, wasn't there something called the Watneys Ales Cup? I think that the more obscure or off centre a Sponsor sounds, the better it is. Rumbelows? Who was Daisy Hutchins?

How long have you been waiting to get a legitimate opportunity to brag about your goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Carling cup was shit, wasn't there something called the Watneys Ales Cup? I think that the more obscure or off centre a Sponsor sounds, the better it is. Rumbelows? Who was Daisy Hutchins?
    Daisy Hutchins was just a local lady who was involved in the minor football leagues here. I won a number of very minor trophies down here that were named after humble souls whose names were not exactly in the Jules Rimet category.

Daisy Hutchins was just a local lady who was involved in the minor football leagues here. I won a number of very minor trophies down here that were named after humble souls whose names were not exactly in the Jules Rimet category.
    The beauty of football. I love things like that. I know who Daisy Hutchins is now, Who was Jules Rimet?

The beauty of football. I love things like that. I know who Daisy Hutchins is now, Who was Jules Rimet?

He's no Daisy Hutchins....

Leyland Daf trophy

Cohen Griffith won a tv for being man of the match in a Rumbelows Cup game once. They never did say if it was brand new or an ex-rental 😊

Rumbelows Cup for me, didnt a certain Mr Trump draw the balls once?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rumbelows Cup for me, didnt a certain Mr Trump draw the balls once?
    Try this

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Try this

Old Donald promoting womens football in that Video-way ahead of his time...

They are gorgeous! I'd love one with my coffee now.

Sherpa vans. I'm sure we played against Abertawe Town in the 80s in this crowd pulling comp.

Doesnt pretty much every competition other than the fa cup and, when it is so called, the league cup, have a shit name? Any name with a sponsor is shit. The carabao cup? Do f**k off. Milk cup is sort of ok but the rest are horrible. The champions League is a contradiction in terms now too so that's a joke too. Might as well call it the wanker league. The cup winners cup was the same -it could be won by non cup winners so was illegitimate. As daft as perennial runners up Liverpool winning something called the champions League. Never understood the intertoto cup but always seemed a pointless competition with a tin pot name. I've got a bit more sympathy for non league competitions having Mickey mouse names, but anything above that is either the fa cup; the league cup; the european cup; or something shit. The charity shield can do one.

Whatever happened to the football association of Wales invitation premier cup? In a moment of extreme optimism they decided to base it on the champions League but I liked that we had a competition where we competed against league of Wales opposition.

I always look forward to my weekly Evo-Stick League emails.

I loved the :
    The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I loved the :
    The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup
    That was the origin of the Uefa cup -> Europa League, I believe.

Worthington Cup?

When the Welsh league was first sponsored by Konica, one of the leagues lower down the pyramid was the beautifully named Richards the Builders Mid-Wales Division.