+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was at the game last night and so haven’t seen any replays yet but, were either of those challenges on firstly Dan James and then Ampadu, that resulted in lengthy medical treatment for head injuries, punished with yellow cards?

I not one for claiming that ref’s are ever biased but there were other very hefty tackles from the Croatians, especially in the second half, that might well have attracted yellow cards, whereas he seemed to be booking Wales players for pretty innocuous looking fouls. I recall Modric getting one for clattering Harry Wilson....

Very odd.
    Vida was booked for the collision with James, i'm not sure about the Ampadu one.

Was also at the game so not 100% but I thought the challenge on Amapdu got a booking. Weak refereeing though as a) they had already done it to James and b) it was clearly an instruction from the manager at half time to shake Wales up. You can see why Croatia have done so well in recent years by combining that level of skill with that level of general cynicism.

I really enjoyed the performance last night. Good to see that a Giggs team can dig in and show some grit.

Waiting to see a replay but it looked like a foul by Davies in the build up to the Bale goal. They can have no complaints (although of course they did) due to their own behaviour but it felt like a bit of a let off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Was also at the game so not 100% but I thought the challenge on Amapdu got a booking. Weak refereeing though as a) they had already done it to James and b) it was clearly an instruction from the manager at half time to shake Wales up. You can see why Croatia have done so well in recent years by combining that level of skill with that level of general cynicism.

I really enjoyed the performance last night. Good to see that a Giggs team can dig in and show some grit.

Waiting to see a replay but it looked like a foul by Davies in the build up to the Bale goal. They can have no complaints (although of course they did) due to their own behaviour but it felt like a bit of a let off to me.
    Although I think a lot of refs would have given a free kick, the tackle on Moore on the edge of the penalty area in the second half was more worthy of being penalised than Davies'.