+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unsavoury goings on in Bulgaria

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unsavoury goings on in Bulgaria

Borislav Mihaylov, the president of the Bulgarian Football Union, has resigned.

More than 20 police officers swept into the BFU’s headquarters in Sofia. Sources close to the issue told Reuters that officers had been searching for documents related to some Bulgarian referees.

Bulgaria goalkeeper Plamen Iliev has said home fans “behaved well” during the game, suggesting that Gareth Southgate’s players “overreacted a bit”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...islav-mihaylov

From other online reports I have read most of the Bulgarian press, along with the country's President and the team captain have condemned the racist abuse and described last night as shameful. Quite a few positives out of a disgusting situation.

(Not sure if the raid on the football federation HQ was in any way related to last night or is just about alleged corruption in the organisation - and contributed to the resignation of the president - who I read was a former Reading FC goalkeeper).

Re: Unsavoury goings on in Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Borislav Mihaylov, the president of the Bulgarian Football Union, has resigned.

More than 20 police officers swept into the BFU’s headquarters in Sofia. Sources close to the issue told Reuters that officers had been searching for documents related to some Bulgarian referees.

Bulgaria goalkeeper Plamen Iliev has said home fans “behaved well” during the game, suggesting that Gareth Southgate’s players “overreacted a bit”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...islav-mihaylov

From other online reports I have read most of the Bulgarian press, along with the country's President and the team captain have condemned the racist abuse and described last night as shameful. Quite a few positives out of a disgusting situation.

(Not sure if the raid on the football federation HQ was in any way related to last night or is just about alleged corruption in the organisation - and contributed to the resignation of the president - who I read was a former Reading FC goalkeeper).

Bloody hell , football is a corrupt old nasty beast ,I do wonder why I like it , morally it can be so bankrupt at times , lol