+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff University has 250 staff Earning more than £100,000 a year.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff University has 250 staff Earning more than £100,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There is a pretty significant point accidentally made by the OP though. Under the current system it is impossible to assess the value for money of the university system as we don't know how much of the fee burden will need to be picked up by the taxpayer.

I am almost certain that is the point he was trying to make.
    Universities are assessed via REF and TEF (whether they're fit for purpose is another argument) and these measures are linked to funding, so in reality value for money can be calculated to some degree. The average joe public may not know how much tax payer money has gone where, but that info will be recorded - how it's spent is a different matter.

Re: Cardiff University has 250 staff Earning more than £100,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Universities are assessed via REF and TEF (whether they're fit for purpose is another argument) and these measures are linked to funding, so in reality value for money can be calculated to some degree. The average joe public may not know how much tax payer money has gone where, but that info will be recorded - how it's spent is a different matter.
    I a world where we would all like to see tuition fee's driven down , and debt to young students reduced any investigation on how our public money is spent welcome .

I am reminded of this story line

""Dame Glynis Breakwell the vice-chancellor of Bath University, whose pay package of £468,000 has agreed to step down – but faced more criticism on Tuesday after it was revealed she will continue to be paid her full salary after she leaves her post.,sorry no one is worth that
    "