+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can you go down whilst being unbeaten all season?

Can you go down whilst being unbeaten all season?

....a wider point. For how long can we ride this “maintain their unbeaten record” stuff? Being unbeaten at home can get you 23 points can’t it?

Re: Can you go down whilst being unbeaten all season?

If we stay unbeaten at home this season we will have more than 23 points. We've already got 14 points from 6 home games, 4 wins and 2 draws. We have 3 draws in 6 away games and I think we are 11th, so if we continue with he same form all season, unbeaten at home and not winning away, we'll end up 11th! We could get 23 draws at home and 23 draws away and get 46 points, we wouldn.t be relegated with that number of points. We just need to turn away defeats in to draws and draws in to wins and we could be in the top 6.

We may not be brilliant atm but there is no chance we’re going down this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    If we stay unbeaten at home this season we will have more than 23 points. We've already got 14 points from 6 home games, 4 wins and 2 draws. We have 3 draws in 6 away games and I think we are 11th, so if we continue with he same form all season, unbeaten at home and not winning away, we'll end up 11th! We could get 23 draws at home and 23 draws away and get 46 points, we wouldn.t be relegated with that number of points. We just need to turn away defeats in to draws and draws in to wins and we could be in the top 6.
    46 points would have seen you relegated about 70% of the time since the Championship started in 92/93

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    46 points would have seen you relegated about 70% of the time since the Championship started in 92/93
    I would put a point of order for that statement but I won't

iI don't care where we end up, and I don't care if we lose every away game 3-0. All I care about this season is being the homevincibles.

We've averaged 2.3 points a game at home this season. If we were to keep that up we'll pick up another 39 points at home giving us 53 points from home games alone

The problem is our away form is absolutely shocking, gaining only 3 points from 6 games, keep that up we'll only get another 8 points on the road this season. On current form we end the season on 61 points, so let's all forward to our midtable mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We've averaged 2.3 points a game at home this season. If we were to keep that up we'll pick up another 39 points at home giving us 53 points from home games alone

The problem is our away form is absolutely shocking, gaining only 3 points from 6 games, keep that up we'll only get another 8 points on the road this season. On current form we end the season on 61 points, so let's all forward to our midtable mediocrity
    Judging from the manner in which we played ALL of those home games, I wouldn't be so confident that we'll repeat the same number of points for the remaining home games. Guess that's my point. It seems like no one has much regard for the correlation between good performances and projected points accumulation. You can remain unbeaten for ages and go the wrong way down the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I would put a point of order for that statement but I won't

Only twice since 2010 would be have gone down with 46 points, once Peterborough went down with 54 points and I think Blackburn went down with 51 points. so 7 out of the last 9 seasons we would have stayed up with 46 points. It could be a plan for NW?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Judging from the manner in which we played ALL of those home games, I wouldn't be so confident that we'll repeat the same number of points for the remaining home games. Guess that's my point. It seems like no one has much regard for the correlation between good performances and projected points accumulation. You can remain unbeaten for ages and go the wrong way down the table.
    I'm not at all confident we'll keep up our home form, but I assume we'll improve somewhat away from home

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Only twice since 2010 would be have gone down with 46 points, once Peterborough went down with 54 points and I think Blackburn went down with 51 points. so 7 out of the last 9 seasons we would have stayed up with 46 points. It could be a plan for NW?!!
    Your sample size is too small. I think it’s 7 times (maybe 8) since 1992 that 46 would have been enough