Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I mentioned Flynn on here some time back and got shot down.

The lack of knowledge on the board worries me. It worries me if they took a stab in the dark and got it wrong. It also worries me if they put too much trust in Warnock to pick the next manager and he picked a bloke with a similar style to succeed him.

Young and enthusiastic with a decent footballing philosophy wouldn't be too much to ask but I shudder to think of the shortlist they've drawn up.

I'd like to copy the model of some of the clubs who brought young German coaches aboard with something to prove like they did at Huddersfield and Norwich.
Hate to say it but I think the Jacks have got it right with their appointment too. Something of that nature would be fine.
The clubs like Huddersfield and Norwich have a plan which is built over several years by a DoF who has typically built-up a scouting network or youth academy system before finally bringing in a young manager to take advantage of it all. Warnock being here for an extra year allows us to start that process but realistically, unless we want to revert to changing football styles every 5 months, we should be looking for someone like Malky in that first season: ultimately based on the same organisation and discipline Warnock's best sides are but far more interested in bringing through young players and the "modern approach".