+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right then...managerial options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Right then...managerial options

For all of you desperate for a change come up with somebody who would have a decent chance of taking the club forward.
    I'll just throw a name in the ring to kick off.
    Mike Flynn

Re: Right then...managerial options

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    For all of you desperate for a change come up with somebody who would have a decent chance of taking the club forward.
    Mike Flynn
    I mentioned Flynn on here some time back and got shot down.

The lack of knowledge on the board worries me. It worries me if they took a stab in the dark and got it wrong. It also worries me if they put too much trust in Warnock to pick the next manager and he picked a bloke with a similar style to succeed him.

Young and enthusiastic with a decent footballing philosophy wouldn't be too much to ask but I shudder to think of the shortlist they've drawn up.

I'd like to copy the model of some of the clubs who brought young German coaches aboard with something to prove like they did at Huddersfield and Norwich.
    Hate to say it but I think the Jacks have got it right with their appointment too. Something of that nature would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I mentioned Flynn on here some time back and got shot down.

The lack of knowledge on the board worries me. It worries me if they took a stab in the dark and got it wrong. It also worries me if they put too much trust in Warnock to pick the next manager and he picked a bloke with a similar style to succeed him.

Young and enthusiastic with a decent footballing philosophy wouldn't be too much to ask but I shudder to think of the shortlist they've drawn up.

I'd like to copy the model of some of the clubs who brought young German coaches aboard with something to prove like they did at Huddersfield and Norwich.
    Hate to say it but I think the Jacks have got it right with their appointment too. Something of that nature would be fine.
    The clubs like Huddersfield and Norwich have a plan which is built over several years by a DoF who has typically built-up a scouting network or youth academy system before finally bringing in a young manager to take advantage of it all. Warnock being here for an extra year allows us to start that process but realistically, unless we want to revert to changing football styles every 5 months, we should be looking for someone like Malky in that first season: ultimately based on the same organisation and discipline Warnock's best sides are but far more interested in bringing through young players and the "modern approach".

As you wanted a name Sebastian Hoeness. Current Manager of Bayern Munich II.
    Somebody in this mould.

Javi Gracia
    Chris Hughton

Simon Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson tag team.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Simon Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson tag team.
    sb.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    i've had a mare here

Wagner or Jokanovic for me

Hughton is a safe option but plays similar dire football to Warnock.

Sol Bamba

Any lunatic manager from Eastern Europe will do me.
    I like to see emotion

RonnieBird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    RonnieBird.
    Good shout on choosing people from this board.

I think you, JR Hartley and Humblegringo would make a great management team as you are all really clear about what we're doing wrong and what needs to be done to make us competitive with Man City and Liverpool.

Hopefully the Board have the foresight to understand the answer to their next managerial team is to be found on here

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    RonnieBird.
    He's no longer with us.

I started this thread to show how difficult it is to choose a new manager. You would hope the board has more expertise than us plebs on the terrace, but I doubt it. I really see no alternative but to Warnock carrying on till he is ready to go.
    By the way I like the thought of Bamba but he has no experience. Houghton would stabilise the club, but it's a minefield.

Mike Flynn
    Yeah, I'd go for Flynn too. Or how about David Wagner who used to manager Huddersfield? He's with Schalke 04 in Germany now. How are they doing this season? Could he be persuaded to come back to the Championship?

Mike Flynn
    Mark Hughes

Mike Flynn
    That's the job. Let's go for a manager whose team play one level above Chorley. Who just happens to be a local too.

I'd prefer Bamba and Warnock's backroom staff to remain. "If" Warnock was to leave. I'm happy for him to stay until the end of the season.

Mikel Arteta

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Mikel Arteta
    If only.

Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Craig Bellamy
    Yes please

Just realised who started the thread.

F8ck me, you didnt stick with Neil very long did you???

Mike Flynn
    Carl Robinson ex Wales is very impressive, Gareth Ainsworth ex City highly rated at Wycombe as well as Mike Flynn! We know who Warnock is going to recommend, Blackwell, Jepson and Bamba with him as DOF, that will be a disaster!

Robert Kornetka - former video analyst and current an assistant coach at RB Leipzig. Has worked with pep guardiola, Roger Schmidt, Ralf Rangnick so has been exposed to some great modern tacticians.

Christian Peintinger. Assistant manager to adi hutter at eintrach Frankfurt, and was also with him previously at young boys.