+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racist abuse allegations refer to the use of words offensive to the traveller community.

Racist abuse allegations refer to the use of words offensive to the traveller community.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50126927

Sunday could be interesting then!

Re: Racist abuse allegations refer to the use of words offensive to the traveller community.

the media were all over Bulgaria, kick them out, fine them. wonder where they stand with regard to yeovil, bristol city, man u, etc, do they still want teams kicked out because of the actions of a mindless minority.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Racist abuse allegations refer to the use of words offensive to the traveller community.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50126927

Sunday could be interesting then!
    Was going to post something similar.

Can the anti-Jack & English chants or comments be regarded as racism?

Yes, it can and has been for the past 21 years.

Seems like Northamptonshire plod have infinitely better eyesight and hearing than their South Wales colleagues who are stoically blind and deaf to anti-English chants, ditto for the club.

At this rate I'm going to stop watching football before long. It's been one of the few places you can get away from the insane rantings of the yogurt knitters and escape the obsession with isms.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    At this rate I'm going to stop watching football before long. It's been one of the few places you can get away from the insane rantings of the yogurt knitters and escape the obsession with isms.
    Its soon going to be such a sterile environment

singing and chanting anything will be frowned upon

If you cannot abuse a Jack, whats the point in going ? ? ?

The ideal football environment would consist of home supporters greeting visiting fans with smiles and waves. It would continue throughout games and might also include blown kisses, perhaps from the LGBT contingent who could also wave their old boys in a non-aggressive, come and get it fashion.

I see they're on their way to banning heading the ball now, too.
    How long before they start insisting that there are so many women and gays in every team , or that women footballers get equal pay ?

If it carries on like this it'll spoil the enjoyment of the game as it has spoiled so may other areas of life.

The anti English & Swansea songs are stupid and shows the lack of inventiveness by our lyricists. The Grange End in the late 60s/early 70s had marvellous pro City songs, our current vocal lot are a shambles.

I don't like anti English or anti Swansea stuff myself, but political correctness has no place in football crowds.
    Is anyone bothered by offensive language BY " travellers" by the way ? Of course not.

At this rate it wont be long before Harry Potter has to be rewritten because calling someone a 'mudblood' is deemed offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I suppose when you're a big fan of Warnockball the only thing that keeps football interesting is shouting abuse at people.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its soon going to be such a sterile environment

singing and chanting anything will be frowned upon

If you cannot abuse a Jack, whats the point in going ? ? ?
    Are you saying it's going to be a sterile environment just because you can't be racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are you saying it's going to be a sterile environment just because you can't be racist?
    you can see my post, you have quoted it, I know you can read, so I am pretty sure you can make your own mind up

But just incase you are struggling, at no point did i say " it's going to be a sterile environment just because you can't be racist ", so thats a no then

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was going to post something similar.

Can the anti-Jack & English chants or comments be regarded as racism?
    Anti-English chants would be xenophobia, wouldn't anti-Swansea chants just be straight up abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why racist? He said abuse jacks...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anti-English chants would be xenophobia, wouldn't anti-Swansea chants just be straight up abuse?
    so no more "you Jack B*****ds, would people rather we lie.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Correct about Anti-Swansea chants, anti-English chants would be straight-up racism though.

UK law surrounding racism and racially aggravated crimes includes, well, everyone. Highlighted below is what the Crown Prosecution says: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...ution-guidance

Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (as amended)

This Act created a number of specific offences of racially aggravated crime, based on offences of wounding, assault, damage, harassment and threatening/abusive behaviour. The Act defines "racial group" as a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

Welsh, Irish, Scottish and English people are different nationalities for the purposes of that Act and is why there's been plenty of cases where people of those nationalities have been convicted of racially aggravated crimes against other British people. Perhaps the most (in)famous was when a Scottish bloke was done for referring to a Welshman as boyo.

Councillor fined £750 for calling Welshman 'boyo': https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...o-8689295.html

'Oh, Ing-er-land, is full of shite...' would be the same as 'Oh, Pak-is-tan, is full of shite...' because both chants relate to nationalities and designed to antagonise and cause offence.

you can see my post, you have quoted it, I know you can read, so I am pretty sure you can make your own mind up

But just incase you are struggling, at no point did i say " it's going to be a sterile environment just because you can't be racist ", so thats a no then
    In a thread talking about racism you’ve complained about sterile atmosphere

So you think it’ll be a sterile environment if you can’t shout abuse at people?