+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multicultural society has failed

Multicultural society has failed

Says Chancellor Angela Merkel:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559451

Re: Multicultural society has failed

It was meant to fail in terms of integration, but it has succeeded in destroying the culture,identity and strength of European countries.
    The end game will see the Germans launching another heroic assault on other races , but this time the feeble minded fluoridated generation who justify anti semitism and don't value individual liberties won't stand up to them

She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany.

A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

Wasn't this the message that Brexiteers were trying to say, and isn't it sort of true , all threw my life I've heard many cultures badly insulted , some of the anti English stuff emanating from Wales in a way shows that.

You go to many Cities and you can see the divide even in in our own city ,which has better integration than most ?

Nope she is right, it doesn't work .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany.

A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

Wasn't this the message that Brexiteers were trying to say, and isn't it sort of true , all threw my life I've heard many cultures badly insulted , some of the anti English stuff emanating from Wales in a way shows that.

You go to many Cities and you can see the divide even in in our own city ,which has better integration than most ?

Nope she is right, it doesn't work .
    She said all this in a speech 10 years ago. Your mate was presumably trying to tempt a couple of unsuspecting fawns into some trap for his own self-gratification. Looks like he succeeded!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    She said all this in a speech 10 years ago. Your mate was presumably trying to tempt a couple of unsuspecting fawns into some trap for his own self-gratification. Looks like he succeeded!

Has it improved now then

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Said. It was nearly 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Said. It was nearly 10 years ago.
    It must have been a blip on the BBC website cos it was on the news page! So do things become discredited after 10 years in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think i'm fawning for him , help , me stalker is off again, help , hang on didn't someone tell me recently this is a message board for opinion

It must have been a blip on the BBC website cos it was on the news page! So do things become discredited after 10 years in your world?
    I know , now stop talking about things in the past it only upsets the chaps

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know , now stop talking about things in the past it only upsets the chaps
    Fair play, Merkel was 10 years ahead of the game.

Kalergi Plan, innit? No-one's embraced it with as much enthusiasm as the Swedes have. They're in a hurry to become Europe's first majority Muslim nation. Here's some diversity Italian style.

Fair play, Merkel was 10 years ahead of the game.
    Why don't you and the rest of the know everything about everything club just admit that you cocked up this time? Nothing dramatic happens to you if you do, your arms don't drop off or anything like that - in fact, in my experience, you can end up feeling quite good about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why don't you and the rest of the know everything about everything club just admit that you cocked up this time? Nothing dramatic happens to you if you do, your arms don't drop off or anything like that - in fact, in my experience, you can end up feeling quite good about yourself.
    Are you disputing the fact that she predicted the future?

Are you disputing the fact that she predicted the future?
    Well, I probably am actually, but I'm not going to get into that now, all I'm saying is that you cocked up and it's not the end of the world to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You've had enough experience

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Kalergi Plan, innit? No-one's embraced it with as much enthusiasm as the Swedes have. They're in a hurry to become Europe's first majority Muslim nation. Here's some diversity Italian style.

The BBC should do an investigation about who is to blame for incidents like this. My money would be on institutional racism or insufficient youth clubs, or possibly some phrase used by Boris Johnson or Donald Trump,but I'm pretty certain we've brought it on ourselves in some way.
    I'm always impressed by the fact that you're aware of the Kalergi plan, especially on a message board which has such a high percentage of stupid people

I'd say they're in denial or wilfully blind rather than stupid.

Beneath is a 7-minute video of London in 1967. Anyone who's even slightly familiar with that city today will be able to gauge how effective those (the Political Class) who have implemented the Kalergi Plan have been. Though, they'll continue to cling to the mistaken belief that the red and blue teams are different.

I didn't spot a single fatty amongst them, nor any tattoos, beggars, vagrants, drug-induced Zombies, or anyone with a beard down to their knees.

Beneath is a 7-minute video of London in 1967. Anyone who's even slightly familiar with that city today will be able to gauge how effective those (the Political Class) who have implemented the Kalergi Plan have been. Though, they'll continue to cling to the mistaken belief that the red and blue teams are different.

I didn't spot a single fatty amongst them, nor any tattoos, beggars, vagrants, drug-induced Zombies, or anyone with a beard down to their knees.

A 7 minute Pathe News film about London in the Summer of Love without drugs and beards....who would have guessed. It's almost like it's the same year that the BBC banned Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

I wasn't aware that females wearing skirts was universal as late as 1967 until viewing that. Back then any male with a bog standard job could comfortably purchase a house and support a wife and a sprog or two on that single income with perhaps a little help from the state via Family Allowance. If your living memory goes back that far would you say society was better then than now?

I wasn't aware that females wearing skirts was universal as late as 1967 until viewing that. Back then any male with a bog standard job could comfortably purchase a house and support a wife and a sprog or two on that single income with perhaps a little help from the state via Family Allowance. If your living memory goes back that far would you say society was better then than now?
    Most people view their childhoods as better than they view their current lives. Obviously I would have needed to have been one of the few people in my Valley's village to be able to afford a phone to have been aware enough to know and ring your number to tell you that. Most likely you would have been out at some anti-Kalergi evening class for the under-10s even if I had been lucky enough on the party line to get through!

Then the average home price was X3 an annual average wage, now it's times 11. That indicates to me people had far more disposable income, and had those technological advancements you mentioned been around they'd have had far more money to spend on them rather than maintaining a roof over their head.

Then the average home price was X3 an annual average wage, now it's times 11. That indicates to me people had far more disposable income, and had those technological advancements you mentioned been around they'd have had far more money to spend on them rather than maintaining a roof over their head.
    I think you are underestimating how much technological enhancements have enriched people's lives. For example, not so long ago some people would have needed to wander the streets of rural Norfolk towns accosting unsuspecting strangers to tell them how clever they are and how important they used to be. Now they can do it from the comfort of their own homes!

What I'm struggling to convey is my belief that people were far better off 50 years ago than today and so was the nation judging by the staggering rise in household debt levels and the UK's debt to GDP ratio being far higher now than then. You appear more interested in gadgets and baubles.

What I'm struggling to convey is my belief that people were far better off 50 years ago than today and so was the nation judging by the staggering rise in household debt levels and the UK's debt to GDP ratio being far higher now than then. You appear more interested in gadgets and baubles.
    Yeah, apologies. Just thought that your valid point was masked by dragging in the Kalergi stuff and Pathe News clips to support your argument.

For me the late 70s were the best years of my life though for some The Winter of Discontent polarised views for a generation. Decline of fossil fuels, accelerated by Thatcher's War on the "Enemy Within" did more to impact the economic welfare and social cohesion of my roots though. Certainly far more than any influx of immigrants and the degradation of a perceived mono-culture.

What I do agree is that the focus on property as a source of wealth generation, the destruction of the public housing sector and housing pressures from immigration have led to the difficulties you highlight.

I really enjoyed watching the video as it brought back fond memories of my student days. There was very little footage of the Kings Road though, although I suppose Carnaby Street was seen as the epicentre of London fashion in '67. In 1967 I lived in a hall of residence just off the Kings Road. I caught a glimpse of the Safeway supermarket on the video which I used to use from time to time.

It was not uncommon to walk past folk like Mary Quant, Peter Sellers, Julie Christie and Terence Stamp on the Kings Road on their way to the boutiques or the swanky 235 Kings restaurant opposite where I lived. For a Cynon valley boy it has to be remembered that this was an area, which to me, could have been on a different planet!

Happy and somehow more innocent days they were, sadly gone for ever.