+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multicultural society has failed

Re: Multicultural society has failed

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think you are underestimating how much technological enhancements have enriched people's lives. For example, not so long ago some people would have needed to wander the streets of rural Norfolk towns accosting unsuspecting strangers to tell them how clever they are and how important they used to be. Now they can do it from the comfort of their own homes!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    What I'm struggling to convey is my belief that people were far better off 50 years ago than today and so was the nation judging by the staggering rise in household debt levels and the UK's debt to GDP ratio being far higher now than then. You appear more interested in gadgets and baubles.
    It is an interesting question - better or worse 50 years ago? I think the answer is just 'different'. You are obviously right that housing (for rent or sale) was more affordable, the welfare state was more complete in a lot of ways, there was more of a shared culture (which is both a good and bad thing - with 2/3 TV channels that everyone watched) and a stronger sense of community in many places. Against that I think a lot of change in social attitudes is for the good, overall wealth has increased (not evenly), there is now much more cultural diversity, and access to information (and misinformation). Technology, gadgets and baubles is just a part of it.

Something like a quarter of the population of Wales was born in England, according to Oxford uni professors the English in Wales skewed the Brexit result, Wales would have voted remain if it wasn't for the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Something like a quarter of the population of Wales was born in England, according to Oxford uni professors the English in Wales skewed the Brexit result, Wales would have voted remain if it wasn't for the immigrants.

I see, and your implication is that English people living in Wales shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Should Welsh people living in England be allowed to vote ? What about Irish , Jamaican or Indian people living in Wales ?

Also, what is your definition of "Welsh " ? How many generations have to be born in Wales to be included in the Master Race ?

What about someone born in Chester or Monmouthshire before borders were re drawn ?

I never said immigrants should not be allowed to vote, if Wales was independent mind whether immigrants should be allowed in without checks and balances on the demographics of the people coming here is another question mind.