+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It has run its course

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It has run its course

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It would help if he didn’t have to skin 2 players inside his own half just to create a bit of space. He’s electric on his day but our style means he never has any space except when he’s 50 yards from goal.
    His end product is awful though. Wether thats confidence as Gringo has said but he doesnt strike the ball cleanly and his crossing is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His end product is awful though. Wether thats confidence as Gringo has said but he doesnt strike the ball cleanly and his crossing is poor.
    That's exactly the Murphy I have seen.

Beat a man and over hit a cross, under hit a cross or let fly with a speculative but sub standard shot.
    That seems to be the majority of what you get from Murphy when he has the beating of his man. When he doesn't you don't even get that.

Hoilett probably the most consistent at our club with crossing and shooting out of all our wingers and by some way.
    I also think Gavin Whyte will come good too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's exactly the Murphy I have seen.

Beat a man and over hit a cross, under hit a cross or let fly with a speculative but sub standard shot.
    That seems to be the majority of what you get from Murphy when he has the beating of his man. When he doesn't you don't even get that.

Hoilett probably the most consistent at our club with crossing and shooting out of all our wingers and by some way.
    I also think Gavin Whyte will come good too.
    Whyte doesn't do anything though. He's busy, he gets about a lot but I'm not quite sure what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Whyte doesn't do anything though. He's busy, he gets about a lot but I'm not quite sure what he does.
    I was thinking about Whyte earlier. When he first came into the side I was underwhelmed. Now I'm thinking he's one of the better players we have. Is that him improving or is that, collectively, we're getting worse? I'm thinking it's more of the latter.