+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can I buck the trend and..

Can I buck the trend and..

....contrary to many of my posts call for the return of goal-machine Madine.

He surely is an improvement on Glaxo

Re: Can I buck the trend and..

No.

Yes. But Bogle needs a few games first, ditch Ward and Glatzel. we don't know what goes on in training but Warnock's favourites seem to change from week to week. Madine must really be out of favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ....contrary to many of my posts call for the return of goal-machine Madine.

He surely is an improvement on Glaxo
    But Ward is better than the both of them.

StT.
    <><

Ward & Bogle up front. Waite on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Ward & Bogle up front. Waite on the bench.
    The question must be how we attack. Peltier is our most consistent defender this season but he makes McNaughton look like Pirlo when it comes to passing. Apart from set pieces three of our back four are pinned as teams know that they can't play through a press. They don't even bother as it is easier to get the ball back waiting for Morrison/Flint to play a hopeful 40 diagonal pass or play it back to Etheridge.

Bang it upfield and win 50/50 knockdowns! Except Etheridge's distribution including clearances straight to touch mean that we need fantastic skills in the air even to make it 50/50 and central midfielders able to feed off the scraps. We don't. Glatzel is not a targetman and pushing someone alongside him or a combination of Bogle/Ward just puts one more player the wrong side of the ball if the hopeful punt is defended.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The question must be how we attack
    Don't think anyone's going to dispute that.

Watch our warm-up's before a game and see if you can see any passing practise. When I can't get to a game I watch my local Southern League side & the quality of passing & movement is better than City's. That's not because of the opposition it's because of the way they train & get coached. Receive, one touch, pass, move repeat. Naff all to do with Pep, straight out of the Dragon Park UEFA badges course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    Really? He was as bad as Glazel if not worse against Swansea. Bogle looks to be our best striker option at present but hose who call for Madine to be included are surely not serious.

Gary Madine has scored goals at this level throughout his career much like Le Fondre.

It's the system that is shit, not the players.

I know many will argue that Madine hasn't tried hard enough but he's probably baffled by our inept tactics.

I think Glatzel is a footballer . Feeding off scraps from our hoof ballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    Ward is our top scorer with 4 this season, but he was totally inept yesterday. I'd put him behind Bogle and Glatzel (can't believe I'm typing this!). He is a good impact sub though.