+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ken Loach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ken Loach

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    My understanding is that EU law has helped in 3 main respects for workers...1. 28 days paid leave and a limit of 48 hrs iWork per week. 2. Guaranteed maternity leave of 14 weeks. 3. Prt time workers having same rights as full time. After Brexit its for the UK to decide which ir=f any of these to keep. But...Uk legislation already allows for 5 weeks plus 3 days annual paid leave a year ( inc public holidays), and 52 week maternity leave a year..both of which are much better than the EU....so why is Corbyn making such an issue about it when UK law seems OK
    I'd say there is a good chance some of that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'd say there is a good chance some of that could change.
    Certainly under the Tories. I'm no fan of the EU, they're pro business, although so are the Tories, and they don't like the Working class either. I voted to remain although the EU has a fair bit of form on shafting workers. Alot of the Workers rights in this country have been implemented by Workers struggle and the Unions, not the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Certainly under the Tories. I'm no fan of the EU, they're pro business, although so are the Tories, and they don't like the Working class either. I voted to remain although the EU has a fair bit of form on shafting workers. Alot of the Workers rights in this country have been implemented by Workers struggle and the Unions, not the EU.
    Couldn't agree more, but I'd feel safer under the EU than the tories with regards to protecting those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but I'd feel safer under the EU than the tories with regards to protecting those rights.
    Same. That's why i voted to stay. Being a Member state has given non unionised workers a few more rights, those bastards will rip it all away if they get half a chance. Anyone who votes for Boris is heartless in my opinion, his policies will slowly kill people.