Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
B
Yeah, what was he thinking? Talking openly to these organisations and trying to sort things out without further bloodshed (while as we now know, Thatcher was secretly meeting them, going public wouldn’t have done much for her hang ‘em high, gung ho persona). Hypothetically speaking had Corbyn, not Blair been Prime Minister perhaps there wouldn’t have been so many grieving relatives of British soldiers. Corbyn stuck to his beliefs, didn’t piss off and form another party like other shithouses have who couldn’t get their own way. He toughed it out, stuck to his beliefs and eventually became leader. Only thing I’d pull him up on is his reluctance to back ‘Remain’ 100%, which pisses me off.
Thing is with the EU is that corbyn sees it as a Neo Liberal project that supported austerity, he campaigned to stay in the EU back in 2016 on a remain and Reform ticket. It's a difficult one for him as plenty of the people who voted out are from the poorest parts of the UK who have seen industry and jobs decimated, in turn, plenty of desperate people thought that their lack of opportunity was because of immigration (Bingo-the poor blaming the poor) not because of the government inducing Austerity and the decision backed by the EU, add to that shithouse bosses employing cheap Labour with zero working conditions. Corbyn can't really alienate these people by throwing his hat in with remain, in my opinion, he does have to be pragmatic. The problem he has is that alot of his support and the rise in membership because of him are from the middle classes. They may not even be that political but want a fairer society for all with opportunity for everyone, i believe that these people haven't been effected as badly by austerity and EU policies. It's a difficult one for him.