+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby sack Richard Keogh

Re: Derby sack Richard Keogh

Nor do I, all three should have been sacked!

Derby really are a disgrace.

I'm sure they will have a strong case against Keogh but this reaks of double standards. It is immoral and all about the money.

Shameful behaviour by the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Derby really are a disgrace.

I'm sure they will have a strong case against Keogh but this reaks of double standards. It is immoral and all about the money.

Shameful behaviour by the drivers.
    That sums it up.

Unfortunately the judgements here and on social media are based solely on the reported information.

There are 3 other circumstances, 2 of which do not involve the other two players, that are not being reported. I'm not sure if Derby have to release their findings to the public domain or not, if so then I think sympathy for him will be significantly less than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Unfortunately the judgements here and on social media are based solely on the reported information.

There are 3 other circumstances, 2 of which do not involve the other two players, that are not being reported. I'm not sure if Derby have to release their findings to the public domain or not, if so then I think sympathy for him will be significantly less than it is now.
    Just tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

There may indeed be other circumstances. However most reports suggest that Derby would have let Keogh stay and see out his contract if he was willing to take a significant pay cut. Surely a charge of "gross misconduct" including the circumstances you describe should be the basis of his sacking. His willingness or otherwise to take a cut in pay rather undercuts (sorry for the pun) the merits of the reasons for his dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Dry your eyes mate! Always thought he was a bit of a kent on the pitch.

Forgot he turned us down to join Derby in 2012, lucky escape for us!
    Lucky escape how? He's gone on to make 350+ appearances for them

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Lucky escape how? He's gone on to make 350+ appearances for them
    Because every time I saw him play I thought he was a bit of a liability for them as he always has a mistake in him and someone who thought he was better than what he actually is. Some Derby fans I know are not his biggest fans for similar reasons.

I hope Lawrence gets abuse when he visits Cardiff City Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There may indeed be other circumstances. However most reports suggest that Derby would have let Keogh stay and see out his contract if he was willing to take a significant pay cut. Surely a charge of "gross misconduct" including the circumstances you describe should be the basis of his sacking. His willingness or otherwise to take a cut in pay rather undercuts (sorry for the pun) the merits of the reasons for his dismissal.
    This does smack of ‘how can we get rid of an old crock who can’t play for over a year’. They should all have gone in my view.

Have I understood the story correctly - Derby arranged a team building day basically going on the piss and this was the result?