+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Displaying your usual arrogance by claiming to know what 'most people' think.

And ignoring (again) the facts, the evidence, the serious analysis, that show Labour has less of a problem with anti-semitism than other parties (especially the one currently in government), has done more to tackle it, and has anti-racism at the core of its values.

Then jumping on the unsurprising decision by the JLM to cherry pick which candidates to support. The JLM has always been a Zionist organisation (therefore hostile to the many figures in Labour, like Corbyn, who are anti-Zionist) and has strong ties to the Israeli Labour Party (who for similar reasons denounced Corbyn). But it is not a mass membership affiliate (although it's decision will have an impact), it is not the only Labour Jewish affiiate (Jewish Voice For Labour and others take a diametrically opposite view - but get labelled as 'the wrong sort of Jews'), and its stance continues to look like weaponising anti-semitism in the cause of a Labour civil war, and organised campaign to silence supporters of BDS and Palestinian rights.

In short you blame the Jews then. They’re making it up because they’re plotting against Labour and obstructing the soviet paradise you envisage

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    In short you blame the Jews then. They’re making it up because they’re plotting against Labour and obstructing the soviet paradise you envisage
    In short - no.

You are the one conflating the opinions of all Jews with those of a small Labour affiliate organisation with strong links to an Israeli party.

You are the one who appears to ignore Jewish organisations and opinion that doesn't match your own.

I am giving you my own opinion - based on 3 years of following every twist and turn of the anti-semitism story - that alongside real instances of anti-semitism in Labour there is also a cynical campaign to undermine the Labour leadership and gag those voices speaking up for Palestinian rights. A campaign that is international, but uses organisations and prominent individuals from within the Labour tent, to feed a compliant media. A disproportionate number of Jewish people have been labelled anti-semites (in my opinion most of them are pro-Palestinian anti-Zionists). Most of the Jewish organisations and individuals who dispute parts of the orchestrated campaign are ignored or abused as a result (the wrong type of Jews). There is a Jewish saying 'put two Jews in a room and they will have three opinions' That is worth holding onto with this situation too.

I grew up reading the books of Leon Uris and admiring the kibbutz movement as a template for what a collaborative society could be like. I now admire progressive Jewish activists more than ever, but see the Israeli state as an apartheid state based on institutionalised racism (on the back of mass murder and ethnic cleansing). Apologists for that state - including many of the people and organisations that you and LOM seem to rate so highly - share responsibility for that continuing and deepening racism and oppression.

So I blame the anti-semites who certainly exist in Labour, but for the exaggerations, distortions and cynical misuse of a real problem I blame those who are using this crisis for other reasons - to dump Corbyn and deflect criticism of Israel. I think they undermine the fight against anti-semitism and I think they are often acting in defence of Israeli racism. No 'soviet paradise' involved.