+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Ridsdale - top of the Championship

Re: Peter Ridsdale - top of the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I disagree up to a point. Take the cup final season when we signed Fowler, Hasselbaink and Sinclair. That was mainly Ridsdale's plan to bring in some star names on big wages rather than spend lots on transfer fees. It's also wide knowledge that Ridsdale signed Loovens despite Jones being against the move. Ridsdale certainly had his contacts.

I think it's also telling that Jones, when he went to Sheffield Wednesday, spent half of his time recruiting former Cardiff players. That didn't work well.

In terms of bringing in talented players, Hammam and Ridsdale seemed to know a few things, even if both did much damage to the club. The same cannot be said of the current board, yet they've been far more careful and prudent financially. Now if we could get a board that looks after the pennies and has lots of footballing contacts to bring in some undiscovered gems, we'd be one hell of a club.
    Craig Bellamy ?
    Take a gamble

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not as ordinary as Reading according to the league table.

Shrugs shoulders. The season is very young. I can’t see them staying at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Craig Bellamy ?
    Take a gamble
    Weren't there rumours that Vinny was paying his wages first time around?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Riddler or Vinnie Oh if only Scam would come back

lets be honest here, Vinnie is now trying to do right by the club, yes we still have a few who hold a grudge, but the club is moving in the right direction

Season before last - Promoted
    Last season - Premier League
    This season - Over before Christmas (Championship).

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

Season before last - Promoted
    Last season - Premier League
    This season - Over before Christmas (Championship).
    Very hard to keep on that upward trajectory year on year, was probably more of a general comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Shrugs shoulders. The season is very young. I can’t see them staying at the top.
    Nor me. It would be a genuine miracle if they could considering their budget and how little they've spent in transfer fees. However, they're currently top of the table and the division's top scorers, which isn't very ordinary.

To put their achievements so far into perspective, City paid more than double in transfer fees for Robert Glatzel than Preston paid for their entire squad.

Nor me. It would be a genuine miracle if they could considering their budget and how little they've spent in transfer fees. However, they're currently top of the table and the division's top scorers, which isn't very ordinary.

To put their achievements so far into perspective, City paid more than double in transfer fees for Robert Glatzel than Preston paid for their entire squad.
    They have done very well on a limited budget but I was baffled by their performance at our place. It was the most negative performance I have seen from an away team in years.
    I don’t see any stand out teams in the Championship this season. I thought Fulham might be but they seem very hit and miss. Maybe West Brom.Possibly Leeds but they also fade towards the end of the season.

I love it. How often do you see Championship teams hammering others in the division? It’s incredibly competitive and especially so this season.

Glatzel is crap. Who scouted and signed him up?
    Was it Warnock or the board?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Think that was down to Dave Jones as much as anybody..
    Ridsdale signed Loovens against the wishes of Jones. Didn’t work out too badly...

Our transfer policy couldn’t get any worse, we are one of the worst buyers in the world. We get taken for a ride on a regular basis.

Ridsdale also got the stadium built and had to get the club back on its feet after the disastrous financial decisions of the Scam years.

Sure he spent a load of money we didn't have at the end but that's pretty much how he rolls. The trick is to get him in for a few years as a trouble shooter and get rid before he goes mad and chucks all your money down the khazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Very hard to keep on that upward trajectory year on year, was probably more of a general comment.
    Leicester, Bournemouth and Wolves seem to be doing OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Ridsdale also got the stadium built and had to get the club back on its feet after the disastrous financial decisions of the Scam years.

Sure he spent a load of money we didn't have at the end but that's pretty much how he rolls. The trick is to get him in for a few years as a trouble shooter and get rid before he goes mad and chucks all your money down the khazi.
    Well said. This is Ridsdale in a nutshell. He knows his stuff, but can get easily carried away.