+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Electoral pacts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Electoral pacts

Shame the Lib Dems are involved in the pact announced today. I would probably have voted for the Green Party if they had not thrown their lot in with those closet tories from 2010 to 2015 who were calling themselves the party for left leaning voters before the Coalition came along.

Based on 2017 here's the maximum that Paid can get if all of the Green/LD voters switch

Pontypridd - 6,000 (3rd)
    Llanelli - 8,000 (3rd)
    Dwyfor Meirionydd - 14,000 (1st)
    Arfon - 12,000 (1st)
    Ynys Mon - 11,000 (2nd)
    Carmarthen East and Dinefwr - 17,000 (1st)
    Caerphilly - 7,000 (3rd)

The total votes of Lib Dems is fewer than 1,000 votes in all but one of these constituencies. The only place it would impact is Ynys Mon where they'd move from 3rd to 2nd and the only place where the Lib Dems stepping aside would have a genuine effect, Ceredigiong, sees both of them going head to head! Plaid are such a joke at times, what I'd give for us to have an SNP style nationalist force in Wales rather than this lot

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Plaid are such a joke at times, what I'd give for us to have an SNP style nationalist force in Wales rather than this lot
    This. We need a pro-Wales Party not obsessed with expensive language rules which has made austerity even worse. I am not against the Welsh Language but feel a slower pace approach to language take up should be taken. The money being thrown at it could be better spent helping those in genuine need.